2560Tiny standalone board

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/323660810/640-1280-2560tiny?ref=category Hello, i wanted to share my project with you guys. I have built a smaller, lightweight, and hopefully cheaper version of the mega2560. I call it the 2560tiny. It also works with the atmega1280, and atmega640. Check it out on kickstarters and let me know what you think.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/323660810/640-1280-2560tiny?ref=category

Thanks!

I've done a lot of similar boards for '1284 chips.
Certainly don't need $10K to get there!
www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

Will have pictures of Mega Screw shield soon. Boards have left the factory and are in transit.

I can't believe how many hits this yields in google:

"pcb Elk Grove Village, IL"

Hello CrossRoads,

I tried to look at your link, but its broken. I'd love to see your boards. I know it can be done on a smaller scale, but the huge price breaks this company offers at that point is well worth it. I am also looking to get extra 640,1280, and 2560 chips to program with the bootloader. This way people wanting to use the bigger chips dont need to buy a programmer. Digikey wanted $70.00 for a programed chip. I will be able to do it for $20.00 shipped (Mega2560). I hope people in the comunity will find it useful.

That's how I found them, through Google. They are very friendly, and do great work. I have ordered a few things from them, and have some more boards on order now. I'm not sure if they actually do the manufacturing or if they are just a broker, but I guess I don't care since the quality is great every time.

http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

Had an extra / in there.

Awesome stuff. I really like the Leonardino ("Little Leonardo"). What are the demensions of that board?

Thanks.
25mm x 50mm, so two would fit on iteadstudio 50mmx50mm card.
I put a couple lines down the middle for a guide and hacksawed them apart.
They asked me about that, and went ahead and made them for me.
I still have some if you'd like one.
$2.5K
Ha! Just kidding. $3 mailed to your US location.

I'd like to get one. Do you except paypal, or have an online store?

Paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net. I'm not organized enough for an online store. I should find a way to get there. Fencing club keeps me too busy.

CrossRoads:
I'm not organized enough for an online store. I should find a way to get there.

Having marveled at your boards, please do!!!!!!!!!

Houser636:
Check it out on kickstarters and let me know what you think.

Had a look on kickstarters, and the board concept looks fine, if nothing particularly conceptually original, but $60+ for a single delivered board looks way overpriced. I just bought an 1GHz ARM10 dev board with 512MB RAM, 4GB on board flash, etc. for less than that!

And it even had a case.

And $20 for a chip with a bootloader flashed -- what's with that?

CrossRoads, I just added some money to my paypal so i'll send you some as soon as it clears in my account. You can set up an online store in about 5you minutes with bigcartel.com. i have used them before. It's free for 5 items or less. It might be worth checking out.

The boards are $48.00 shipped to your door step in the US. The assembly of these boards are costly. They are double sided boards. The point of the boards are to function the exact same way the arduino does, but be lighter, and smaller.

How much do you think a bootloaded atmega2560 is worth? The chip itself is $20 on digikey unless you buy more than 10 at a time. Hopefully i can buy 100, so i can get them for $10.00. After programming them, packaging them, and paying for shipping i don't think i could do it any cheaper. Thats not even thinking about taxes, and credit card processing fees.

If you have any ideas on getting the price down im all ears. Thanks.

Houser636:
How much do you think a bootloaded atmega2560 is worth?

Well, given that you can buy a mega2560 clone all day everyday on ebay for ~$20-22 including shipping and often a USB cable thrown in, I think paying >$10 for just the chip (with or without the bootloader) is hard to justify.

I appreciate you may not be able to easily find a source for the chips to make them an economical proposition in the quantities you would be ordering, but it still comes down to coming up with a value proposition for the customer, with respect to the other offerings already out there.

Check out Paul's pricing on his new Teensy 3.0 boards

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulstoffregen/teensy-30-32-bit-arm-cortex-m4-usable-in-arduino-a

now they are a very attractive value proposition, I think. I missed his kickstarter offer but I will certainly be ordering one or maybe even two to play with as soon as they are available on his site.

I appreciate it's a Cortex3 vs Atmega2560, so not apples and apples, but given that there are lots of choices, I think the market for people who absolutely must have a atmega2560 in a small Arduino compatible board (as opposed to a different atmel chip, a standard size mega board, or even an ARM variant), and would be willing to pay the significant premium you are asking, would be limited.

Just my honest 2c worth. Maybe work backwards from parts you know you can source economically? I buy 328p chips in low quantities (like 4) for <$3/chip delivered (and that includes a flashed bootloader).