Janis Joplin singing Me and Bobby McGee

TKall:
She is so sexy

Don't forget Ella. Turn the lights down and pretend that voice is in the room with ya.

EDIT: Changed the link to a better one.

Check out the guy in the photo right behind and to the right of her. If you don't think she sexy I guarantee you that cat does.

This is what I think of when I think of her

https://youtu.be/rPOlakkBlj8

The Background World - NiN

Don't know enough Italian to enjoy opera? Need a more modern tale for your operatic pleasure? No problem...

For anyone protesting it as "not really opera"...

During the tour promoting the 1990 album Empire, Operation: Mindcrime was performed in its entirety.

Hi,

Icehouse and Iva Davies - Electric Blue, Man Of Colours.
Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall, Money, Learning to Fly
David Bowie - Space Oddity, Heroes, Dancing in the Street,
Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing, Industrial Disease, Money for Nothing
INXS - Never Tear Us Apart, Devil Inside
Eagles - Hotel California, Heartache Tonight,
John Farnham - Your the Voice, Touch or Paradise, Help.
ACDC - most of them.
Savage Garden - I knew I loved You, Crash and Burn,

and "Nessun dorma" by any of the great opera singers.

At the moment got "Commitments" CD in the car.

Tom.. :slight_smile:

Actually, whilst on the subject of Dire Straits, Private Investigations is a great workout for any hifi.

AWOL:
Actually, whilst on the subject of Dire Straits, Private Investigations is a great workout for any hifi.

Nice..... :slight_smile:
But don't forget "Going Home"

Travis.. You aren't an ACDC fan?

"Its a long way to the top" if you want to rock and roll.

"Its a long way to the shop if you want a Chiko Roll"

Played bagpipes in a top 40 song before Paul McCartney.

TomGeorge:
Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing, Industrial Disease, Money for Nothing

Thanks for the reminder about Dire Straights.

I've been listening to Mark Knopfler's solo stuff (Sailing to Philadelphia and Screen Playing) which is more gentle and I had forgotten about Dire Straits.

...R

TomGeorge:
Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly

I thought I was the only one who ever cranked that one. One of my favorites of all time.

I have been properly admonished already for this, and I know it is sacrilege. But I am WAY more of a David Gilmore fan than I am a Pink Floyd fan. Not that I don't like the old Syd stuff, but when Gilmore plays his guitar I can feel what the guitar feels. There aren't many who do that so well.

And sorry, but I have to go with The Dude where it comes to the Eagles.

Here are some more out-liers (now that I'm on the computer with the playlist!)

The Outlaws: Green Grass and High Tides
Golden Bough: The Wizard.
Avalon Rising: "Black Davy's ride." and "To the Sea"
Golden Earring: Radar Love
Head East: Never been any reason.
JJ: Move Over
Boston: Foreplay
Evanescence: Bring me to life

AWOL:

The Bauhaus cover of Eno's Third Uncle (vinyl), Tears for Fears Bad Man's Song and the live version of the Tube's What Do You Want From Life (vinyl), are my favorites for exercising the stereo.

Delta_G:
I thought I was the only one who ever cranked that one. One of my favorites of all time.

I have been properly admonished already for this, and I know it is sacrilege. But I am WAY more of a David Gilmore fan than I am a Pink Floyd fan. Not that I don't like the old Syd stuff, but when Gilmore plays his guitar I can feel what the guitar feels. There aren't many who do that so well.

And sorry, but I have to go with The Dude where it comes to the Eagles.

Right on both points. Dark Side, both sides full volume & f--- the Eagles, man.

Lately though I've been playing Rebekah del Rio all the way up. She rattles windows on the other end of the building.

Hi,
I forgot;

Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning, Blue Sky Mine, US Forces.
Cold Chisel (Jimmy Barnes) - Khe Sahn, Working Class Man, Flame Trees, Cheap Wine (Classic Stuff volume on 11)
Paul Kelly (and the Coloured Girls) - To Her Door, Dumb Things, Before To Long, Darling It Hurts

Learning to Fly, I first heard it in the video clip, I love the American Indian connection, brilliant.

Tom..... :slight_smile:

Loud?

Hmm.

1/
Purcell - 'Musick for the funeral of Queen Mary ' 1695

This has been played at the funeral of every English monarch since, and will be played when our Queen Elizabeth dies.

2/ Any of the major Wagner overtures. Tannhauser is probably my favourite.

I suspect it's written in E just so that Wagner can use the bottom note of a B-flat trumpet.

Or perhaps Siefried's funeral march in Gotterdammerung. I was at Solti's last performance of the Ring cycle as musical director of Covent Garden in 1969.

No electronics permitted.

Allan

Just had an excruciating conversation with my least favorite ex. And it reminded me of one more...

MISFITS!!!!!

Or the Cover:

For loud I'm all about Grinderman this week. Turned up all the way.

Here is a TV-MA (not family/work/polite company friendly!) song from the album:

XXX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxqlb1--uKc XXX

BlindFaith. Louder still :grin:

1/ Amy Winehouse was superb too. And also ended sadly.

2/ Indulge me - please listen to

Thank you

Allan