Workshops or Gatherings in Los Angeles, CA

Sorry if this is in the wrong section (I'm new to this forum). I'm just wondering if there are any workshops or gatherings of Arduino enthusiasts in the Los Angeles, CA area. I'm just starting to get into tinkering with Arduino and would love to meet up and collaborate with people in the area. Thanks.

Arduino User Map

Cool, but seems like nothing Arduino related shows up in the LA area. How is that map generated?

unseenvision:
Cool, but seems like nothing Arduino related shows up in the LA area. How is that map generated?

People add themselves to it.

If you add yourself onto it then if anyone else comes along who's close to you will know you're there too :slight_smile:

I'm also starting to learn everything Arduino I can.
My main interest is in developing electro-mechanical devices. I take classes at the El Camino www.southbaymachine.com machinist lab in Torrance, and have a pretty good grasp of the mechanical and CNC stuff.
It would be good to have a group that wants to work through and trouble shoot projects. The ones from the books in the beginning, and moving onto whatever.
Meeting in West LA, Santa Monica, or or on the El Camino campus in Torrance would be easiest.