USB hard drive, SD card and Ethernet

So I'm pondering an idea; you stick an SD card in to a reader attached to arduino. It lights up a red led and copies the contents of the USB to an SSD hard drive either directly through SATA or possibly through a USB adaptor. When it's done and verified it turns on a green led and you can remove the SD card.
As an extra you can plug the arduino into an Ethernet cable and the files are copied to a specified network location.

Possible? Thoughts on where to start?

I could consider with the rasbpi bit thought power drain may be an issue?

you stick an SD card in to a reader attached to arduino. It lights up a red led and copies the contents of the USB to an SSD hard drive either directly through SATA or possibly through a USB adaptor. When it's done and verified it turns on a green led and you can remove the SD card.

What is the purpose of the SD card?

The contents of what USB? USB stands for Universal Serial Bus. How can you read the contents of a bus?

Have you been able to connect a SATA drive to an Arduino and read from/write to it?

I believe he means, can the arduino copy files from an SD card and write them to a USB mass storage device so that he could make a device that automatically does so.

I don't know much about it, but even if it did work, it would likely be the slowest copy you could imagine. The arduino probably wouldn't do this well.