Sprout Board - Open Source Server Room Monitoring

I stumbled upon this cool project from a site I have visited for a couple years now? Basically a arduino plugged into a giant shield and Ethernet shield as well. Sounds like a good idea and I know other environmental monitors cost $500-700 like the ones from ITwatchdogs.com. Has anyone played with these yet?

Never heard of it. Got a link?

I've kicked the idea around, but haven't implemented anything yet.

-j

found this:

http://sproutboard.com/

Wow... that's a super idea. Well implemented.

An interesting product . . . but a very strange form factor requiring a very long custom enclosure.

I like the idea of a pair of Arduinos, but find it odd that one of them is upside down. I'd also have preferred that some of the outboard connectors were on a second board that could be stacked in some way with standoffs so as to create a more compact form factor.

I hope some list members try it out and leave some solid feedback here on the forum about the product (aka I'll let someone else play guinea pig on this one)

An interesting product . . . but a very strange form factor requiring a very long custom enclosure.

Not strange from the server management idea, where you would want to install it into a standard 19" rack enclosure...

I like the idea of a pair of Arduinos, but find it odd that one of them is upside down.

It's not two boards. It is one arduino board, upside down since it is convenient with male headers, and an ethernet (?) shield which has stackable headers so it can be used right-side-up.