¬| Project Sentry Gun |?

Hi :slight_smile:

I am not here to show of my own project, rather talk about someone elses :stuck_out_tongue:

Im into paintball, and I found this awesome open source project on the net called "Project Sentry Gun".

Its a autonomous gun that tracks motion on a webcam. The webcam data is processed by processing and then controls the turret via a arduino.

You can find it in this link:

The bloke working on it Bob Rudolph is spending alot of time on the project.

Im hoping someones interest is stirred now, so he could get some help coding this project. :slight_smile:
The motion detection could use alot of more advanced filtering features, and dont have target movment prediction.
Edit: It now has a target movement prediction system!!! yay :grin:

Thats why I am sharing this with fellow arduino developers.

Kind regards,
Katrin

I'm working on a similar project. Since you're already going to be using a computer to control the gun, have you considered using a more conventional image processing software like Roborealm? I've been looking into some all in one solutions and I stumbled across this, which might also be of interest to you.

Best of luck, fellow turret maker!

Hi there Sonicdh

Thanks for the advice

lol this is funny, cause a friend of mine is also working on the same project, except its more like the bots from Portal. Thanks for the share, I'll be sure to let him know. :smiley: