Cutting A Breadboard In Half?

I am using a solderless breadboard with my arduino uno for a project but i want to make the breadboard about the same size as my arduino. Can i cut it widthwize and still have it work?

It would be easier to buy a small one. But I solder headers on mine and my buddy atom cut one in half long ways

i couldnt find any smaller breadboards :stuck_out_tongue: So if i just cut the breadboard in half, can i just solder the loose ends and cover it with electrical tape and it would work?

evilcubed:
i couldnt find any smaller breadboards :stuck_out_tongue: So if i just cut the breadboard in half, can i just solder the loose ends and cover it with electrical tape and it would work?

Adafruit, among other sellers sell smaller breadboards, such as: Tiny Premium Breadboard : ID 65 : $3.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits and Adafruit Perma-Proto Quarter-sized Breadboard PCB - 3 Pack! : ID 589 : $8.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits.

I bought some proto-shields that the small breadboard fits in: http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=93. This is useful in that I can do a project on one shield, take off the shield and put on another without having to undo the wires.

At some point, I will probably move to the proto-screwshield so that I can use the screw part to connect wires for remote sensors: Proto-Screwshield (Wingshield) R3 Kit for Arduino : ID 196 : $14.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits.

There every where, But if you cut down a row of pins you shouldn't have to solder any thing.

OK thanks for your help? I just meat I didn't wanti the hassle of buying it online haha

I should mention, this is what a breadboard looks like inside (I had glued it down, and then tried to remove the breadboard):

I once watched a video of someone using an actual breadboard, trying to remember where i saw it :fearful:

ahh Collin, i've watched all of his video's, if you happen to read this Collin, PLEASE MAKE SOME MOREEEEEEE :slight_smile:

evilcubed:

I don't see why not...

I don't think there'll be "loose ends". I'd use epoxy glue or something, tape will come off.

Use a fine hacksaw, it will cut any metal parts nicely as well as the plastic. Have the backing layer uppermost so
the that the saw teeth don't try to pull it off.