Search Button to search inside the Forum

Why is there no search-button for searching inside this Forum????

I would write this too,
i am missing it

regards
werner

top right :wink:

keep going very top right

There used to be a self contained 'in forum' search but it was a load of rubbish so it got changed to google search. It still searches the forum though and yeah it's top right, says search under it :slight_smile:

Mowcius

yea but that "load of rubbish" would let me search by user also, which is handy when you want to quote grumpy mike, but cant remember which "motor" post it was in

yes you can sorta get google to do it, but I never had an issue with the included search function, cause I know how to use them

now with google it pretty much barfs up any old thread, sometimes you can find the one your looking for on the first page

but whatever

The thing I hate about the Google search is all of the "Print Page" results! That's just obnoxious when you're looking for a certain page :P.

yea but that "load of rubbish" would let me search by user also, which is handy when you want to quote grumpy mike, but cant remember which "motor" post it was in

Yes, ok it kinda did that

yes you can sorta get google to do it, but I never had an issue with the included search function, cause I know how to use them

The issue with it was that it only searched a certain way back in the threads. It would not pull up old threads.
This is an issue with the PM search as it'll only search a few pages back which isn't helpful when I'm looking for a PM at the start of my inbox of 190...

now with google it pretty much barfs up any old thread, sometimes you can find the one your looking for on the first page

I like the barfing up old threads but I see what you are saying still.

but whatever

Indeed!

Mowcius :wink:

the google search is crap, sometime I miss the most important thread about the subject, or the most up to date

it's only useful if you're searching for a thread you've already read about and know what specific words the OP used in the title

try doing a search on lcd, you get lots of good stuff but I'm sure the best and most up to date are left out !! even if they aren't I still think they are so I'm going to keep looking for more !! you can't rely on it

and this isn't just this board, on most forums everywhere the search sucks you have absolute gems of post who are buried so deep no one ever finds them and that's where the good stuff is !!! sure you can sticky the good ones but when you got more than about a dozen really good thread your forum is flooded !!!

search is so important to a forum you'd think it would be a big priority in forum design, this is nuts !!! then you got the dimwit admins knocking on the noobs "stop asking questions that have been answered before noob, use the search DURRRR", well noobs aren't familiar with the forum/subject they're going to have an even harder time finding the good stuff, the search should be easy to use especially by the noobs, unless you get some sick sense of superiority out of tellings noob you're so much better than them !! argg !

ok, rant's over, resume previous activities :wink:

I would write this too,
i am missing it

regards
werner >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(