Wind turbine charge controller prototype/shield

Hi mgshightech,

That sounds interesting, about what you say regarding SCADA systems.
I have worked with industrial SCADA systems for many years, programming them to work with industrial PLC's.

Funny you mention that it is written up in French, as I am just on a French website checking out some things to do with motorcycling for when I head back there in June this year for some months. You could use something like Google translate to help maybe?

What I have been working on over the past months is something that appears like a SCADA system, but to work with small micro-controllers like Arduino's.
There is still much for me to do in regards to developing it to how I intend, and yes, progress has been slow for me as well.

There are two basic approaches I have used;
One is where the Arduino is the server, serving up data to the client, I do this using json formatted data. It is nice and efficient.
Second is where I have the Arduino push up data in json format to my SQL database on my hosted site. Then the host server simply pulls data out of the SQL database and gives it to the client when requested.

The second approach is where I am moving toward as it allows for better through put of data if there are many clients connected.
The Wiznet ethernet for Arduino can only support four simultaneous connections according to the data-sheet.
By having the Arduino push data up to a hosted site gets around this problem and allows for many other possibilities.

The Arduino essentially is the component which gathers sensor data and provides any needed output control, such as PID loop controllers and so forth.
The client side (browser) is mostly made up in javascript and I currently use Backbone.js as my framework to keep things as neat as possible.

Another active member on this forum, Graynomad, is developing a very nice piece of hardware and the software to go with it that might also interest you.
It is called ArdweeNet and it is designed with networking in mind, using RS-485. What Rob is developing I believe slots quite nicely into this area of control.
Maybe Rob might come in at some point if he is interested to do so.

I would be interested to learn more about what you have found in terms of that php based SCADA system if you get a chance.

Regards,
Paul