Audio interface, Jack, and serial monitor

Ave forum,

I'm using a Mobile Pre USB audio interface in Linux with Jack for sound processing. When I connect the Arduino and open the serial monitor or try to listen to the same serial port from any other program, I get some sort of static noise.
Not really static noise, sounds a lot more like a very fast bleeping, as if the serial data were being sent to the audio interface.

I've thought a possible explanation for this would be that both the Mobile Pre and the Arduino are using /dev/ttyACM0, but I can't set the Arduino to use any other port (ttyACM0 is the only option).
It doesn't happen when Jack is not running, but I really need Jack for my project.

Have you encountered this before?

not exactly the same situation, but on my mac i have often used my midi foot controller (arduino) while running JACK without having any problems (the data is sent from the arduino to the computer via serial).

When you say "When I connect the Arduino and open the serial monitor or try to listen to the same serial port from any other program, I get some sort of static noise", what do you mean? How are you doing this?
How are you connecting things?