Re: Can you sent data through the human body??

I've heard of this technique whereby audio goes in one ear and out the other ...

Otherwise, I don't know of any nonlethal techniques that don't take advantage of moisture on the skin for conducting

CrossRoads:
I've heard of this technique whereby audio goes in one ear and out the other ...

Otherwise, I don't know of any nonlethal techniques that don't take advantage of moisture on the skin for conducting

So the question is not about audio :cold_sweat: but about sending serial data through the body...

As I said my knowledge about his is very low, that is why I'm asking you guys, to get a better understanding of this...point me in the right directions

Nermin123:
The basic thing I want is two objects that can sent data through the human body. By wearing object A you can sent data to object B by physical touch.

My technical skills are not that advanced so I would really appreciate some good advies on how to handle and start this project.

That seems to me to be a bad combination, because either you have an idea which you can believe is feasible and believe you're got the technical skills to make it work, or you already know somebody else has solved the problem and your "project" will just be to copy whatever they did, or you hope you're going to find that somebody has already solved it and you can just copy their solution. The first case is the one which would earn you most credit but your professed lack of technical skills seem to rule that out. The second one gives you a reasonable chance of success as long as you can follow and replicate the other person's solution although it doesn't seem likely to get you much credit unless you plagiarise the solution. The third case leaves you vulnerable to a complete failure unless you get lucky, and still doesn't get you much credit. I suggest you ought to have a pretty solid idea what your solution is going to be and have proved the concept before you commit to this as your project, otherwise you're setting yourself up for failure.

Nermin123:
As I said my knowledge about his is very low

Then why are you doing it as a graduation project? Isn't the point of a graduation project to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and mastery of the subject, not your ability to Google, follow directions and have others do the project for you?

110VAC Morse Code

bzzzz bzzzz bzzzz

i guess a lot depends on whether you want to use te human body afterwards!

Of course it is possible. But there are many factors to consider both for safety and application. Too much to try to do it here. A brief tidbit is that the body is essentially a capacitor. AC has an easier time travelling through the body than DC. DC requires more current to harm someone, but usually results in burns and muscle lock. AC at low frequencies requires less current to cause damage and is especially dangerous if it is passed across the heart (hand to hand.) Any design you made would have to use a high frequency, be VERY VERY stable in current in the single microamps range, and use conductors that didn't irritate the skin.

A project like this crosses many different disciplines and would require very robust and high-precision electronics design. So it is not as simple as just putting a wire on the skin.

Thinking aloud. You can easily use very high impedance sensors that that can be made with a simple CMOS gate or two and some 1 to 10 Meg resistors. So a hex inverter could be used to both make the input of a sensor and say a monostable to give a 'clean' buffered output. A label button could offer a high frequency source an next to zero current that could be gated by a data stream, more CMOS.

I think more info is required. I have to agree with other posts regarding graduation projects and safety.

I understand that Texas is keen on such development although they have not been very successful to date.... depending how you measure success.

...or you already know somebody else has solved the problem and your "project" will just be to copy whatever they did, or you hope you're going to find that somebody has already solved it and you can just copy their solution. The first case is the one which would earn you most credit but your professed lack of technical skills seem to rule that out....

Very much agree, but as a matter of interest, my boy is at uni and every piece of work is electronically checked for plagiarism, both external to the set piece (the world) and locally (the class) and this is used as part of the mark scheme. Although this can be rather stupid! When he was returned his first piece of work marked at 89% He found he had lost that 2% for using the same column heading as someone else! He has also found that handing in your work first puts his class mates at a disadvantage, seems a nasty way to earn a 1st! But does get the work in on time :wink:

I just like to add that my graduation project it's about building or inventing new technologie,
the focus of my project is more on interaction/interfaces design but as I said it would be fun to have something
working,

I don't want to prove that I'm a engineer, and that I have invented this or that,
from a interaction point of point I could simulate everything, but I though it would be more fun
if I had something that worked so I though, he why don't I ask people who know something about this
for some advies and tips, what to consider and so, that's all..

so far many of the feedback is on copying stuff and so on..
so please if you have tips or advies like the post on "voltage" thank for that,
but please I beg you, don't take the time to write a story on copying stuff...
because as I said, I'm asking you for advies and tips

thanks to everyone who has given relevant input so far

I don't know if it is the weather or not, but these forums have been generally unhelpful lately and lots of snide remarks and irrelevant replies. Maybe the winter has gotten people all grumpy lately.

Personally, I only reply if I think I can help, and try to focus on only the parts that I can help with. Or, prompt someone to clarify their questions. With this particular question, I was asked before to design a device that sent current through the body safely (not data), so I did some research on the subject. There are a ton of different factors that come into play with anything that involves the body and electricity right down to electrode choice.

Nermin123:
I just like to add that my graduation project it's about building or inventing new technologie,
the focus of my project is more on interaction/interfaces design but as I said it would be fun to have something
working,

I don't want to prove that I'm a engineer, and that I have invented this or that,
from a interaction point of point I could simulate everything, but I though it would be more fun
if I had something that worked so I though, he why don't I ask people who know something about this
for some advies and tips, what to consider and so, that's all..

so far many of the feedback is on copying stuff and so on..
so please if you have tips or advies like the post on "voltage" thank for that,
but please I beg you, don't take the time to write a story on copying stuff...
because as I said, I'm asking you for advies and tips

thanks to everyone who has given relevant input so far

How can you expect more advice when you removed all the information from your original post?

I'm not sure what's with all the comments of current through the human body, if I recall correctly, the linked project was sending vibrations, not current.