Arduino 1.0 Soon - What do you want to see?

Why are we getting ignored?

Because that's what they do :frowning:

Le sigh... :~

madsci1016:

"A topic you are watching has been locked by madsci1016.

View the topic at: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=65142.new;topicseen#new"

&

"And I'd appreciate it if questions where asked on my blog so others who visit not from this forum could see the questions and answers as well. "

Ain't gonna happen, not enough hours in the day for me to chase down your personal blog to address topics YOU started in this forum.

CrossRoads,

You followed a link to my blog, read my tutorial and came back to the Arduino forum to ask me a question about what you read. It actually took you more time to come back the the Arduino forum to post the question then it did just to stay on the article.

You misread my tutorial and had a question I had to respond to and clarify. Now if anyone else has the same question that came from another source like the post on hackaday or another forum, I have to answer it again. And I'd have to check all the sources I posted to see if people had a question. I'm the one writing tutorials for beginners and you are asking me to spend more time chasing you down? Really?

I posted the link with synopsis here for people to find when the use the forums search function looking for a related question/issue. That should help beginners here find my tutorial when they need to.

And instead of PM'ing me you hunt me down on an unrelated thread to call me out and junk up someone else's topic? Is this really how people behave here?

Admins, please remove this and CrossRoads unrelated post. I don't want to take away from the feature request discussion.

Didn't hunt you down, just noticed you had posted here after closing the other thread in the middle of discussion and trying to enjoin me to regain the discussion of arduino topics elsewhere. I don't follow any hackaday forums or any others regarding arduino - just this one, where the original developers are.

Didn't take any more time to click on the open window of the original topic.

If any one happened to search for why arduino couldn't download while their circuit was hooked up, they would doubtless come across all the numerous instances of being directed to not connect to D0/D1 while trying to download. And based on the questions posted, most do not.

So I'm not really in the mood to argue, I'm gonna go order some PCBs of my own design & start ordering parts...

Anyone wishing a more direct pipe to the ardudino developers might post their questions in their archive list:

http://arduino.cc/pipermail/developers_arduino.cc/

http://arduino.cc/mailman/listinfo/developers_arduino.cc

If anyone does this, tell them I want my hex files back. :smiley:

madsci1016, none of us like that way of talking - if you ask on the forum, people reply on the forum.

I'm the one writing tutorials for beginners and you are asking me to spend more time chasing you down? Really?

No you're not - lots of people have written tutorials.

Admins, please remove this and CrossRoads unrelated post. I don't want to take away from the feature request discussion.

You can remove your own post via the remove button, it's up to crossroads to decide if he wants to remove his post.

If you don't like it then keep it to yourself

if you ask on the forum, people reply on the forum.

I didn't ask on the forum, I posted a link to my tutorial for people to find. CrossRoads read on my tutorial elsewhere, came back and asked on the forum.

No you're not

No I'm not what? Are you saying I didn't write a tutorial?

lots of people have written tutorials

Did I say otherwise?

none of us like that way of talking

What way of talking? Defending myself when someone chases me down in an unrelated post to go "No!, You're wrong!!". Taking aware from useful discussion for personal vendettas. Apparently you are ok with people doing that? I guess that's an acceptable practice here then.

There's no point in continuing this further. I just won't respond next time and save other random threads from getting junked up.

There's no point in continuing this further.

I agree

I just won't respond next time and save other random threads from getting junked up.

Random threads? I'll have you know this isn't just any old random thread... :stuck_out_tongue:

I'll have you know this isn't just any old random thread...

True, this is a good thread. :smiley:

Now we just need to get the dev team to read it and listen to our requests. I'd really like my hex file without the hunt.

I'd really like my hex file without the hunt.

Go with wiring...
The 1.0 beta has a number of features arduino could do with and no doubt in a few years they'll adopt them like they have all the other good changes wiring has made over the years.

I've added a feature request to allow saving the hex file to project directory. Please go vote/comment on it so it gets support.

http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/detail?id=641

I recently noticed I've collected quite a lot of libraries/examples.

Shown alphabetically... I can load anything up to the letter S using File->Examples, but I'm afraid
that letter will be gone soon as well. One screen of examples is what you get, scrolling down further is impossible.

I still can load examples starting with T and beyond using File->load followed by a manual search on disk,
but I wouldn't mind If I could just scroll down the examples instead.

Don't know whether the same happens using File->Sketchbook, haven't written that much yet, but I noticed the same using Sketch->Import library.

the ability to scroll down and up on the sketchbook list and libraries list.

I think it would be cool to have the same tech as the Intellisense feature of eclipse and visual studio.

Don't know whether the same happens using File->Sketchbook, haven't written that much yet, but I noticed the same using Sketch->Import library

Yes it does,
but the sketchbook has the advantange you can use multiple (directory) levels to keep it browsable

Hmm - will 1.0 be released when the Due is...?

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,72522.0.html

I think things are going to get interesting real soon now... :slight_smile:

We’ve made some minor additions to the Arduino connectors to make them more flexible.

Does that mean they've fixed the pin spacing?

a.d:

We’ve made some minor additions to the Arduino connectors to make them more flexible.

Does that mean they've fixed the pin spacing?

I think it just means they will flex to fit a variety of spacings. :smiley:

robtillaart:

Don't know whether the same happens using File->Sketchbook, haven't written that much yet, but I noticed the same using Sketch->Import library

Yes it does,
but the sketchbook has the advantange you can use multiple (directory) levels to keep it browsable

The OS X (Lion) version has a scrollable window for File->Sketchbook. I don't know about File->Examples as I don't have enough of those.