Go Down

Topic: [ASTROPHOTO] Autoguiding using an old webcam and an arduino (Read 16816 times) previous topic - next topic

wattevah

will the ASCOM driver still work? How would I need to change that?
In the ASCOM driver, you have to change line 640, add the north and south direction to the PulseGuide method.  See the manual.

In the arduino code you'll have to add the entire DEC axis control code, but you can basically copy what I did for the RA axis.

Sorry I really skipped a lot of stuff and went for the essential part for my project  :)

Regarding the polulu stepper driver, I think I have the 2amps version that can do 16x microstepping

Kasty

What are your PHD2 settings? Im trying to connect a normal webcam but the screen is always black, and also the mount, i am also using an EQ1 but dont know what so select, i actualy havent found any tutorial about the PHD guiding :(
And also, your webcam, can you do a long exposure for guiding or is the lens powerful enough to colect enough light so the sensor of the camera catches it?

Thank you, awsome idea and great work :)

Forrest_Erickson2002

Trying to compiler your C# code.
Using Microsoft Visual Studio. 
I got over 60 errors.
I added the Platform 6 Developer Component  dlls for Platform6
I am down to four errors.
I get the following errors messages:

Code: [Select]
Error 1 The type or namespace name 'SetupDialogForm' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\users\vrx\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\arduinoMount\arduinoMount\Driver.cs 122 20 arduinoMount

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'SetupDialogForm' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\users\vrx\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\arduinoMount\arduinoMount\Driver.cs 122 44 arduinoMount

Error 3 'ASCOM.ArduinoMount.Telescope.AxisRates(ASCOM.DeviceInterface.TelescopeAxes)' is a 'method' but is used like a 'type' c:\users\vrx\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\arduinoMount\arduinoMount\Driver.cs 346 24 arduinoMount

Error 4 'ASCOM.ArduinoMount.Telescope.TrackingRates' is a 'property' but is used like a 'type' c:\users\vrx\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\arduinoMount\arduinoMount\Driver.cs 890 52 arduinoMount

No idea what to do next.
Tyson: When you're scientifically literate, the world looks different to you.

Forrest_Erickson2002

Regarding, "Im trying to connect a normal webcam but the screen is always black,"

I had the same problem.  You have to select the camera with the camera icon lower left. Then you have to press the looping icon which, if I remember correctly, is the third from the left. It looks like a looping horizontal arrow. Then you start getting video from the web cam.
Tyson: When you're scientifically literate, the world looks different to you.

amjorge

Nice work and thanks for sharing.

I was working on a single drive axis Arduino controlled for EQ1. But no ST4 interface.

A very cheap 28byj stepper with interface and Arduino Uno.

Sideral day of 23h56m04.1s must be consider instead of a solar day of 24h00m00s. This must be done because at the same time Earth do a complete rotation we advance almost one degree (1/365.25) around the Sun orbit.

Well, a lot of calculation could be implemented If you consider the Earth's eliptic orbit and even VSOP 87 theory for planetary position to know the real sideral day length but It appears to be ok.

amjorge

In time: How do autoguider works with one axis only?!

austinstephens

Hello,
I am getting an error "ASCOM driver failed checking isPulseGuiding" when running PHD 2. I have an Arduino UNO connected to a Big Easy Driver to a NEMA 17 Stepper motor that is attached to the RA worm gear shaft.
I'm sure I missed something here. Any help is, very much, appreciated.

skymattisky

Hey,

I wanted to do this as a project for university and this post actually helped me a lot.

In my case, I expanded the code for RA and DEC tracking using the EasyDriver and two NEMA 17 1.8 deg motors. I also implemented the slewing feedback to get rid of the error message. Heres the github link: https://github.com/mattisky/Arduino_Ascom_Project .I'm glad if this might help somebody and if you have questions go ahead.

Matti

Go Up