wiring.h: No such file or directory

I'm picking up some Arduino stuff that I haven't touched since before 1.0. Now that I've updated, it won't compile.

The specific problem I'm having is that part of the SerialDebugger library I'm using dies upon compilation, unable to find 'wiring.h'. What has wiring.h been renamed to/replaced with?

(Oh, hmm, searching for the explicit string "wiring.h: No such file or directory" brings up this thread in French that seems to say "revert to the last version". Yay. Well, guess I'll be doing that until there's a new version of every library I use, or until I switch all my operations over to the Raspberry Pi.)

http://code.google.com/p/rogue-code/wiki/ToneLibraryDocumentation

Ooh... I got it working.. Seems the Arduino-0022 release does not contain wiring.h file, but wiring_private.h . Just edit the Tone.cpp file: and replace #include <wiring.h> with #include <wiring_private.h> Solved my problem.

Hope that helps.

Ah, thanks - I'll redownload 1.0 and try it!

j514:
Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Ooh... I got it working.. Seems the Arduino-0022 release does not contain wiring.h file, but wiring_private.h . Just edit the Tone.cpp file: and replace #include <wiring.h> with #include <wiring_private.h> Solved my problem.

Hope that helps.

This should be made a sticky !

Could someone please explain how to do this on a Mac OSX? Sorry I'm still new...

robotturtle:
Could someone please explain how to do this on a Mac OSX? Sorry I'm still new...

You would edit the Tone.cpp file using TextEdit, replacing each occurrence of wiring.h with wiring_private.h

Hi thanks for your reply, I don't seem to have the tone.cpp file (I did a search using finder for '.cpp'). I've uninstalled and done a clean install of Arduion 1.0 then taken the 'sweep' example and tried to compile it but I get this error;

In file included from sketch_mar06a.cpp:6:
/Users/eric_lui/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Servo/Servo.h:5:20: error: wiring.h: No such file or directory[/flash][/flash][/flash]

I'm using Mac OSX Snow leopard, please help, total noob here.

/Users/eric_lui/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Servo/Servo.h

The Servo library comes with the Arduino IDE. You have another copy in your sketch directory's libraries folder, it appears. Delete it.

That did it, thank you!