Musical floppy drives

These are my musical floppy drives:

The 40 drives are powered by the Arduino mega. There are two channels. I know, I should have made 4 or more, but at this time I just implemented 2.

In my YouTube channel, you will find more songs I've played on floppy drives:

And the project site, of course: http://dev-ch.com/coding/projects/floppydrivemusic

Have fun :slight_smile:

coool project man!!

The 40 drives are powered by the Arduino mega. There are two channels. I know, I should have made 4 or more, but at this time I just implemented 2.

Pretty cool accomplishment. However I strongly suspect that the PC power supply is doing the powering of that project and the Arduino is just doing the controlling of the project? That may sound picky but a lot of people (especially beginners) have trouble separating those two functions and assume they can place a burden on the a Arduino board that it can never met.

Again cool project and sorry for one of my pet peeves.

Lefty

Edit: Ah I see your point now :smiley: Okay, lets say the drives are controlled by the Arduino :smiley:

Ok, I am new to arduino, I am getting a arduino mega Rev3 and I would like to know if I have to change the pins on the code for the floppy discs.

I am wondering if I have to do anything different on arduino Mega then the Uno.
I am thinking that I have to change the pin # in the codes for a musical floppy drive sense the Uno has less pins then the Mega

The project was posted using a Mega, you say you are using a Mega, what would you change?

well, most of the videos use Uno.
The digital pins on the uno are like 1-20, I cant remember and megas pins are like 20 45

Uno pins from 0 to 19.
Mega pins go from 0 to 53.

Alright so i have got a Micro in stead of mega. I finished the Moppy project and it seems to be working but when ever i load midi files, it always plays the bass, or never plays at all. Here is a video of my Moppy drive trying to play i need your love by calvin harris or something - YouTube