AVR Library with Arduino Due?

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to include a newer AVR Library working together with Arduino DUE or is something of the kind available for ATMEL SAMxx?

Thanks for the answers.

Joggi4

Have you found out more? Maybe I'm in front of the same thing...

I am still puzzled by what you mean by the "AVR library". There are many AVR libraries, do you have a specific one in mind?

Hello Joggi4,

May be it is not necessary to say but Arduino Due (ARM) uses sam libraries, not avr. Both architectures are quite different (processor, platforms, programmers). The Arduino and Atmel teams have done a magnificent job making some prior-Due shields/sketches compatible with Due. Don't get confuse thinking that because both sam and avr run under the same Arduino IDE, it should work the same with the libraries. IDE works mainly as set up compile tool chain. A lot of adaptation has to be done in the low level code (gpio, timers, memory barriers, interrupts, linker maps, macros, etc, etc) to make the AVR registers run in the ARM-Cortex core. Is that what you pursue to do? I believe, we must explore new avenues exploiting other 32-bit ARM libraries out there (solid proven) to fit in our Due. Regards!