Another Hexapod Walking Robot :-)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick message to show the hexapod robot I made for my final year project at Uni.
It uses an Arduino Duemilanove (Freetronic TwentyTen to be exact) as a main controller and a SSC-32 for servo control.

Hope you like it.

Edit: More details and code available on my blog: http://blog.trollmaker.com/article7/big-fourmi-hexapod-walking-robot

Nice !

Cool! Can I have some more extra infos? How did you cut the chassis, what type of servos do you use... and so on? :slight_smile:
F

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :slight_smile:

Federico:
Cool! Can I have some more extra infos? How did you cut the chassis, what type of servos do you use... and so on? :slight_smile:
F

• The chassis is made of PMMA and has been cut using a CNC.
  • I use 18 servos model GWS S03T STD. They are very good quality for the price but I should be using higher torque servos because I'm currently pushing them over their capability.
  • The total weight with battery included is at least 2.3kg.

I'm planning to write a complete blog post to share all the details about it. I will let you know when its done.

From my prespective.

I have never built a robot let alone a walking one.

Nor have I ever tried to code the software for a robot let alone a walking one.

From where I am sitting, that is pretty impressive.

Good job.

virtualmix:
I'm planning to write a complete blog post to share all the details about it. I will let you know when its done.

Can't wait for it!
Good work!
F

Here it is: TrollMaker.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Would there be any codes for it? :smiley: I'm intruigued as to how you managed to get all the legs to work in such a smooth way. I remember one video I saw of a robot managing to 'jump' its way along, as the servo movements were not timed correctly. Although it looked funny, it is still better than what I have done (which is nothing, when it comes to walking robots. Nothing yet...).
It looks like a quality product, well done!

Onions.

Cool, hexapods are always awesome.

And by the way, just paste the direct url of the youtube video (not the shortened youtu.be one) and it should embed the video in the forum post.

That is pretty sweet virtualmix.

Onions:
Would there be any codes for it? :smiley:

Yes! I've edited my first post to add the link :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for the kind words :grin:!

virtualmix:
Here it is: http://blog.trollmaker.com/article7/big-fourmi-hexapod-walking-robot

Sharing... Very Nice!!! :slight_smile: