Reverse Geocache

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was possibly a tutorial on how I could go about creating said Reverse Geocaching box? Any tips and such would be great. I'd prefer to do this with an arduino, considering the ease of use- but if there is a cheaper way please, let me know! Thanks all in advance! :slight_smile:

A reverse geocache box would leap out and ambush unsuspecting ramblers, forcing its coordinates upon them, whether or not they wanted them?

Hahaha okok: Something such as this: The Reverse Geocache™ Puzzle | Arduiniana

sorry for the ambiguity lol
Nice troll though :stuck_out_tongue:

That tutorial seems to do everything BUT send you a completed reverse geocache puzzle.

You need a box, an LCD, a GPS, an Arduino, and a servo motor. The LCD could, and the GPS will, cost more than the Arduino, but you'd like to use something cheaper than an Arduino. Possible, but, overall, it won't save you much, and we won't be able to help you with it.

@raidthewood,

Have you seen my posting on building your own puzzle box at http://arduiniana.org/projects/the-reverse-geo-cache-puzzle/building?

Mikal

For cheap GPS ideas to bring the project to life, check : List of Cheapest GPS for Geocaching

raidthewood:
Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was possibly a tutorial on how I could go about creating said Reverse Geocaching box? Any tips and such would be great. I'd prefer to do this with an arduino, considering the ease of use- but if there is a cheaper way please, let me know! Thanks all in advance! :slight_smile:

the parts list is simple enough
box
battery pack
arduino (micro, without power connector work with batteries)
GPS
display ( I like the Nokia 5110 )
button.
servo
I think I would add two Hall effect sensors. these are magnet sensitive and if you have two and mount in certain places, it could be the secret back door
My guess what that the plug on the side was to charge the batteries.
I think that you could even program in a few locations. go to #1, find something. like the name of the Castle or lake....
5 or 6 and you could put together a puzzle. sounds like a lot of fun.
for your quest.
get a NANO, the GPS, battery pack. button and a display
you should be able to program in some coordinates and then do the math for the distances.
Sounds like a very clever project and lots of fun for the victim.