128 x 64 LCD Help!!!!

Hello, after successfully interfacing 128 x 64 lcd screen with arduino and uploaded a sketch with no compiling errors usina Arduino 0021, and GLCD library V3, the screen is displaying the code correctly, but in doubles... instead of one display it is like i have 2 LCDs in one. The display is copied and displayed next to the initial one :slight_smile: 2 displays next to each other on one display.

Hi, i tried swapping the chip select pins and the display was actually swapped naturally,but when swapped back same problem reoccurs :~

Spec sheet? I hope there is a jumper described on its spec sheet that you can remove to decouple the two halves.

2 displays next to each other on one display

This is precisely the setup on many (all ??) GLCDs. It is the selective enabling of the two chip select lines that determines which part of the display is used at any given time. You would get the result you describe if the two chip select lines were tied together physically or if they were enabled simultaneously by your software. I guess we need to see your sketch and a photo of the connections to determine the cause of your problem.

Don

LCDPCB:
the screen is displaying the code correctly, but in doubles... instead of one display it is like i have 2 LCDs in one. The display is copied and displayed next to the initial one :slight_smile: 2 displays next to each other on one display.

I'm not understanding what you mean.
Are you saying half of the display is correct and the other half is the same as the first?
Does the diags sketch pass successfully?
Also, what do you see during the drawing of the initial drawing of the "triangle" during
the diagnostic sketch?

If I understand you correctly in that what you are seeing is half of the display
duplicated on both halves, this is a chip select issue. It can be caused by several
things. Among them,
a broken chip select wire, or by using a display that needs slightly different
chip select control than what is shipped with the library configuration files.
(not all glcds use chip selects the same way)

A few more things would really help diagnose the issue
as it could be several things causing the issue from a simple wiring error
or broken wire, to a slightly different type of glcd module that needs modification
to the panel configuration file.

• which version of gcd v3 are you using? (RC2 ?)
  • a datasheet for your specific glcd module
    if you don't have it, a photo of the back of board might help locate one.
  • a few photos (or a video of the initialization)
  • the serial output from the diagnostic sketch

--- bill