arduino + 16x2 tinkerkit lcd dallas temperature sensor DS18S20

Hello I have been trying to get a simple lcd and arduino working for a while now. I finally bought a Tinkerkit LCD thinking it would be easier and there is little to no documentation or examples and it seems like one guy/kid running the show. The website and facebook haven't been updated in months unaswered questions. Something calling itself a forum but its more like little tiny chat clouds in an informal twitter type setting than an actual forum.

all the examples on the arduino playground for i2C or serial lcd is just plain outdated code and does not work at all. So finding arduino hard enough now i have this Tinkerkit LCD that has its own library to run etc and its just making things even harder on top of hard. Especially since the website is a joke and not very helpful. The examples are all over the place with no actual code on most of it just snippets of code and hes like put this in and put that in and you are like where adn when you finally find out where its like well you should have initialized this firs t and included this library at the top etc. etc. well OMFG dude put some code up then.

Its also missing any kind of datasheet. They say its a full fledged leonardo but there are no basic examples of how to do anything on it so its useless almost to me.

Is it just me or does it seem like the whole Tinkerkit thing is some rich nephew of the guy who owns arduino and he talked him into some side american enterprise and its all good in theory but they fell way way way way short on the support and website and documentation and keeping up on things after launch so the nephew is lazy. That is what it seems like to me.

anyone have any examples or real tutorials on how to use the Tinkerkit LCD besides the one very confusing example each of twi and serial on thier website both of which dont have a full code so i can run it.