Arduino Mega 2560 pro?????

Hi,

Does anyone know of a supplier that produces a 'pro' version of the Arduino Mega 2560.

What I mean by 'pro' is a board with similar layout and functionality to the Mega, but without the headers, the power connector or the USB connector.

I'm getting to the end of a project based on the Mega, and I want to make several copies for permanent installation. I guess I'm looking for a Mega version of the Arduino Mini or Arduino Pro Mini.

Cheers

thanks

BigusDickus:
Hi,

Does anyone know of a supplier that produces a 'pro' version of the Arduino Mega 2560.

What I mean by 'pro' is a board with similar layout and functionality to the Mega, but without the headers, the power connector or the USB connector.

I'm getting to the end of a project based on the Mega, and I want to make several copies for permanent installation. I guess I'm looking for a Mega version of the Arduino Mini or Arduino Pro Mini.

Cheers

thanks

Are you asking for something like this?

http://jkdevices.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49

You provide regulated power, a crystal and two capacitors on the crystal pins, and a 6 pin header and you can program this with an AVRISP II or many other programmers. This guy guves you a $12 chip, a $1 board, and his soldering expertise for $25 which seeems like a fair enough markup if you can't solder these yourself. You can get this board and do it yourself if you want.

To do the soldering yourself:

SMD Adapters (100 pin TQFP) Use the .5mm pitch side. Note that these guys are very slow shippers, I would look for the same thing from an eBay seller with good feedback instead.

Are you asking for something like this?

similar, yes, but I'd prefer something with the same form-factor as the arduino Mega and no solderering

I have never found one. Just clip off the headers and desolder the pins. Or you could fab your own board for a lot less than you paid for the MEGA. Plus you could use the MEGA for something else.

How many of these somewhat stripped down Mega's do you want?
It would take a little bit to put a PL together, buy the boards & parts, and send to an assembly house, and have a stencil made.

There's this...

Not quite the same form factor and it has pain-in-the-arse connectors (although they do sell leads to fit them), but maybe that'd do the job?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I managed to find exactly what I wanted here.....

Thanks

BigusDickus:
Thanks for all the suggestions, I managed to find exactly what I wanted here.....

Mega Pro 5V - DEV-11007 - SparkFun Electronics

Thanks

I did not even know they sold that. Looks good, though I do object to the price a little bit since this is a $10 chip (in 100s qty) attached to a $1 board and the rest of the parts that I see are about a buck. But I guess they can get whatever they get for it.