Breadboard-friendly power connectors?

Hey all,

I have a couple of the connector thingies shown in the attached pic- sorry for quality but it shows the problem which is that they don't fit breadboard power rails.

I know I can jam the wires into the holes, but that doesn't work with stranded wire. What do others do for power connections to breadboard? (No electronics required- I've just hacked an ATX PSU so I have various voltages (3v3, 5v and 12v) available.)

(deleted)

Yeah I was thinking something along those lines... blob of Araldite should do it.

(deleted)

1. Mount the protoboard on a piece of plastic then add binding posts. Use a wire from the posts to the protoboard.
  2. Use male headers on the protoboard. Solder wires to and use female headers on the male :sweat_smile:
  3. Make small PCB with male headers on the bottom. Mount the terminal block you show on the top of the PCB.

Make small PCB

As the lady on 9gag says, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" 8)

As the lady on 9gag says, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Or use:

Or use:
Stripboard - Wikipedia

Now that I have....

JimboZA:
I know I can jam the wires into the holes, but that doesn't work with stranded wire.

Then use solid core wire - or use a thin-enough gauge of stranded wire that you can tin the ends (and the tinned section will still fit).

I typically do one of the above, and use alligator clip jumpers from the PSU to the board. I generally will run the inputs to the positive and negative rails on opposite sides (so the alligator clips have less of a chance of shorting), then jumper on the opposite end of the board the other rails.