Programming an Xbee without any board

Hello!
I would like to know if there's a chance to use Xbee module without another board, I mean, if it is possible to activate a led by sending information from a Xbee with Arduino to a Xbee alone.
I understand that to program the Xbee receiver at the beginning it is necessary one board o re something especified for this, but when using it in a normal way it is really needed?

Thanks in advance!!

I mean, if it is possible to activate a led by sending information from a Xbee with Arduino to a Xbee alone.

This is possible as the XBees have their own i/o pins - I suggest you take a look at the datasheet of the modules you are thinking of using.
There are not many examples but there are a few around.

Yes, it's definitely possible it has About 10 i/o pin's and out of which 4 are analog in ,3 are digital out and 3 are digital input pin's, so definitely ON/OFF can happen , but on "BOARD" Logic is not possible, so only use a MICROcontroller only in case of some Decision making and Evaluation/Manipulation/Modification of variables etc.

Or you could get some programmable XBee Pro ZB modules - then you don't need an arduino :smiley:

it has About 10 i/o pin's and out of which 4 are analog in ,3 are digital out and 3 are digital input pin's

I think you get a few more configuration options than that - I'll check - Probably depends on the module though.

i'm talking about the XB24-Z7 one model it has this much of pin's only also if they are not needed elsewhere :frowning: , However feel free to check and if you are right then tell me too.

Well according to X-CTU for a XB24-Z7 module you have
AD0/DIO0
AD1/DIO1
AD2/DIO2
AD3/DIO3
DIO4
DIO5
DIO10/PWM10
DIO11
DIO12

The DIO pins can be used as digital input or digital output.
Some of those pins have other functions as default though eg. DIO5 is the Association indicator pin, normally connected to an LED