3x3 Games (Tic Tac Toe, Lights Out, Simon and Reaction Test)

Hello!

I want to show you my first "big" project with an arduino-computer: 3x3 Games

After searching some ideas for my Arduino, I found some Tic-Tac-Toe and Lights Out Games. But I didn't like the in- and outputs on most of them. So I made my own version with 9 illuminated buttons.

Video (youtube):

Pictures (flickr):

Discription and code (github):

And now, have fun...

Robert

Hi!

After a long break I added a reaction-test and made some changes to the original-files.

Hi, I am interested in building something similar with yours.

I would like to ask you where did you get these buttons. did they have addressable leds built in?
if not, which leds did you get? how did you combine each button with the addressable led?

thank you in advance.

Hi!

You can find (most of) the answers in my manual: Link

I bought the buttons here: Link
The LEDs are Type Neopixel WS2812b on Mini-Print: Link

Then I replaced the original-LEDs from the Arcade-Buttons and replaced them with the Neo-Pixels: Link
How I connected the parts you can find in the shematics on the end of my manual.

The rest is software.

I hope I could answer your questions. Feel free to ask if there are more!

Robert

Hi Robert,

congratulations for this awesome project.

I thought about doing as well a "Lights Out" game and by searching in the www how other guys solved this issue I came across here and read your post.

I have some questions:

1. Which frame did you use for this project. Maybe a 50x50 Ikea Ribba?
  2. Did you made your own PCB? Or did you put the bought Arduino Dev Board inside the frame?
  3. Do you have a picture which shows how you attached the RGB Neopixel into the button?
  4. Did you shortened the button thread? Because they are very long and might be too long for a standard frame.

I am doing as well some little projects. (And I am german speaking additionally)
If you want to contact me: www.squirrel-crafts.com

Hi Robert, very nice game .
I have built it . How could be included at "Tic Tac Toe" game an option to play human x human ?
Thank you so much in advance !