Servo motor of the Starter Kit has a different pin assignment

Hello!
I want to warn you!
I destroyed the servo motor of the Starter Kit because the pin assignment of the delivered servo motor was different to the one shown in the Arduino projects book in project 05 "mood cue". The result was that I made a short circuit in the motor.
I could/should have noticed it, but I'm a newbie and was so busy with the work of build up the whole circuit that I missed it.
On the other side it is a fault of the delivered set.
Nevertheless is Arduino a great product that I bought for our apprentices in the company.

Guess we had same servos. I ignored the label sticked to the servo thou, so I plug the wires where the manual says to, and nothing wrong happened.

My motor isn't the same as the picture either. But in the text, they clearly state that you should connect 5V to the red cable and gnd to the black. That is also shown in the figure. I don't think I would consider that a fault..

I am a FNG but have a basic working knowledge of electronics and computers. I am building a large scale remote control vehicle that is going to require some strong servo action. While attempting to get the program to load using "sketch"/"servo.h" I keep getting an error code. I also get the same error code with other programs. the code is: AVRDUDE: STK500_getsync(); not in sync:resp=0X00

Need help , i'm drowning.

Bill

PS: I found a great web site that contained more than enough help to fix my problem.

My Starter Kit (from December) has several compatibility problems. Most annoying is the breadboard, that does not retain components with short pins (potentiometers, servo adapter, tilt switch...). These components tend to pop off the breadboard, if they ever make contact :frowning:

Can somebody recommend a better suited breadboard, that could replace the breadboard in future starter kits?

DrDiettrich:
My Starter Kit (from December) has several compatibility problems. Most annoying is the breadboard, that does not retain components with short pins (potentiometers, servo adapter, tilt switch...). These components tend to pop off the breadboard, if they ever make contact :frowning:

Can somebody recommend a better suited breadboard, that could replace the breadboard in future starter kits?

It is not the breadboard, they only come in one version. It is the components that are not suited for use in a breadboard. So either buy replacement components, or solder wires to the ones you have to make them stick securely to the board.