daisy chaining 74HC595's

Kama to JoshD

What a great shame :frowning: I hope his son is not put off, nor indeed Ruffsta himself. Maybe after he's had a think he'll come back, maybe with a new alias, chill out and enjoy what he's doing?

Not really wanting to dwell, but I have to say that after the number of posts statement I went off and looked at his posts. I'll not comment further.

It can be very frustrating when starting any new hobby, but nothing pays off like getting down and dirty with the basics. Learning how to find info is probably one of the most useful things to learn. You struggle for a while then all of a sudden you're no longer the new boy, and there you are, helping people.

What encourages me the most when helping people, is evidence that they are helping themselves, and the odd please & thank you goes such a long way.

I have to say that I've not come across another forum with so many angry members nor as many new members who approach the subject with so much over inflated optimism. I'm not saying that the latter is a bad thing, but peeps are brought down to earth with a bump when their overly complicated first project fails.