Go Down

Topic: Paid help: Pump and drain apparatus (Read 148 times) previous topic - next topic

pryce227

Hello, I need help with a project, and after lots of google searches I think Arduino might be able to do it. But I am not experienced with Arduino and do not have the time to teach myself. I would like to hire someone to help me code and/or construct the following:

1. A pump which can be programmed to pump fairly small volumes of water (1 mL to 100 mL) through a tubing into a container at pre-set, easily modified intervals (between every minute to every 24 hours)

2. A drain which is inserted into the same container, and which can have optionally have suction applied to it (from 0 to -40 cm H20). This drain goes to a waste container.

3. A way to monitor the output of the drain which modulates the input of the pump. I don't want to blow out the container walls, so I need to make sure output > input. There needs to be a running count of how much volume is pumped into the container and how much volume is drained out of the container, and if more volume is being pumped in than out, then pump function must be suspended until output "catches up".

4. A real-time display of the volume pumped in and the volume drained out.

I tried looking for the components to start myself, but I quickly recognized that my inexperience would likely lead me to buy components that don't work well with arduino or with one another, and I really need guidance.

I am reasonably handy so I can construct and assemble the device myself if I am told what components I need to buy and how to put them together, along with the code. Or, if any of you are in Los Angeles, I could pay you extra for the actual device assembly.

If anyone is interested in helping, let me know your rate and the number of hours you expect it might take, as well as the components needed and their approximate cost. The work can start immediately.

See attachment for a graphical rendering of what I'm looking for. Thanks!

mugambi

Hi.

Am an experienced developer on Arduino. Please get in touch @ mugambisoftware@gmail.com. Am available immediately.

wvmarle

1. A pump which can be programmed to pump fairly small volumes of water (1 mL to 100 mL) through a tubing into a container at pre-set, easily modified intervals (between every minute to every 24 hours)
Peristaltic pumps can do this just fine.

2. A drain which is inserted into the same container, and which can have optionally have suction applied to it (from 0 to -40 cm H20). This drain goes to a waste container.
This part I don't really understand.
You want something like a pump inside the drain, where the container is attached to the pump inlet and the waste to the pump outlet? Basic impeller pumps will let water pass through (at rates way greater than your input), and when switched on will suck the water in. Unless you put some valve in it, this will easily get you flows of hundreds of litres an hour.

3. A way to monitor the output of the drain which modulates the input of the pump. I don't want to blow out the container walls, so I need to make sure output > input. There needs to be a running count of how much volume is pumped into the container and how much volume is drained out of the container, and if more volume is being pumped in than out, then pump function must be suspended until output "catches up".
This is a trickier part. There are lots of different flow meters, but it seems you're looking at rates in the order of a few millilitres per hour, making measuring the flow a bit trickier.

4. A real-time display of the volume pumped in and the volume drained out.
This can be anything from a basic 1602 LCD (16 characters, two lines) to a nice colour screen.

I'm not anywhere close to your location, however I am located close to the source of all those components (I live in Hong Kong). It seems the only components that I don't have on hand of the list above are the nice colour screen and the flow meter.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up