Go Down

Topic: MPG with Arduino Bluetooth (Read 361 times) previous topic - next topic

BoraDemirci

Hi this my first type,

Here is my question;

I wanna get pulse signal from MPG(manual pulse generator) and I transmit with bBuetooth module and receive the pulse to another Bluetooth module and with this pulse I wanna drive motor or transfer this pulse, data to CNC MPG port.

So is this possible? Can I transfer pulse signal, PWM with Bluetooth? If this is possible can you share a sample?

Sorry for this unusual, strange question.

Thanks for all.

wvmarle

You won't be able to send a PWM signal over Bluetooth, unless it's really slow (as you have to deal with delays and unreliable transmission speeds).

What you can do is send the instruction over Bluetooth, e.g. "produce PWM signal at 1000 Hz and 50% duty cycle" and then have an Arduino on the receiving end that starts producing the signal, until it receives a "stop!" message to stop the output.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Gippopotam

Hi this my first type,

Here is my question;

I wanna get pulse signal from MPG(manual pulse generator) and I transmit with bBuetooth module and receive the pulse to another Bluetooth module and with this pulse I wanna drive motor or transfer this pulse, data to CNC MPG port.

So is this possible? Can I transfer pulse signal, PWM with Bluetooth? If this is possible can you share a sample?

Sorry for this unusual, strange question.

Thanks for all.
Are you interested in continuous streaming or discrete signals?

BoraDemirci

You won't be able to send a PWM signal over Bluetooth, unless it's really slow (as you have to deal with delays and unreliable transmission speeds).

What you can do is send the instruction over Bluetooth, e.g. "produce PWM signal at 1000 Hz and 50% duty cycle" and then have an Arduino on the receiving end that starts producing the signal, until it receives a "stop!" message to stop the output.
I saw same example with potentiometer. It received value from pot and and map them also it transmitted to another Bluetooth module and it drove the motor. It's possible
But for mpg the conditions are different cause it generates pulse dependent hand speed.
I must do it for CNC MPG port. I must receive pulse and transmit to port.

Thanks for your answer it's very useful.

BoraDemirci

Are you interested in continuous streaming or discrete signals?
Discrete signals my concern.

CNC port can reads the rising edge's and hand speed.

Thank for your interest.

Gippopotam

Discrete signals my concern.

CNC port can reads the rising edge's and hand speed.

Thank for your interest.
Discrete - is not a problem

BoraDemirci

Discrete - is not a problem
for what?

I don't know How I do that implementation. If you know any sample project for this situation can you share it?

Thanks for your interest.

Gippopotam

In fact - I do not know a ready solution for your task.
If you know how to program microcontrollers - then you should go this way:
1. Establish a bluetooth connection.
2. Use hardware interrupts to determine the frequency, with any interval, to obtain discrete values.
3. Transmit values by bluetooth.
4. Go to 2.

If you want me to do this for you - PM me

Gippopotam

What frequencies are we talking about?

BoraDemirci

In fact - I do not know a ready solution for your task.
If you know how to program microcontrollers - then you should go this way:
1. Establish a bluetooth connection.
2. Use hardware interrupts to determine the frequency, with any interval, to obtain discrete values.
3. Transmit values by bluetooth.
4. Go to 2.

If you want me to do this for you - PM me
I know how to programming arduino but I never do Bluetooth application. It doesn't seem possible for CNC MPG port. :)

MPG's features;

Output Wave: Square Wave
Output  Type: Line Driver (A, A', B, B')
Current Consumption: <160 mA
Frequency Range: 0-5kHz
Phase Different: 90+-45
Power Supply: DC 5V
Output Capacity: VOH>2.5 V ; VOL<0.5
Wave Form Rise: <100us
Wave Form Fall:  <100us
Pulse: 100 pulse
Max Speed: 200 rpm

Gippopotam

if we  go from the other side - what do you trying to implement this approach?

BoraDemirci

if we  go from the other side - what do you trying to implement this approach?
I want to remote control servo motors through CNC with MPG. So I take MPG and go far from CNC and I turn its wheel then servo motors must rotate. These are the Project's guidelines. Motors must rotate synchronously with MPG's wheel speed. CNC can count pulse, therefore I should be able to change pulse, PWM through Bluetooth.

I am aware it's very strange implement but I have to do it. :) 

Gippopotam

The right approach:
you rotate the potentiometer on the transmitter, the data is transmitted to the receiver connected to the CNC, the receiver, based on this data, generates the required frequency and sends it to the CNC.

wvmarle

That's pretty much exactly what I said in #1 already :-) Hope OP gets it this time around.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up