detect a special sound

Hey guys

i am a primary user of arduino. i want to develope a project in order to detect a special sound such as " Cow slurp" from other sound in the nature.
anybody can guide me? which sensor I need ? and how to develope my code?
I prefer to use a small microphone against the module board.
thank you.

Have you already developed the algorithm to detect "cow slurp" from ambient noise?

i want to develope a project in order to detect a special sound such as " Cow slurp" from other sound in the nature.

Sorry I don’t think that is possible with an Arduino or in fact any other processor. In any case it is not a beginners project.

The big problem is that any two recordings of the exact same sound will produce a totally different set of numbers as an audio sample. And it is impossible to record two separate sounds that are identical as two instances of the same sort of thing will always be different.

You might get the advice to use template matching where you compare an incoming sound to a pre recorded sample, but there are two big problems with that. First an Arduino does not have enough memory to store sounds longer than about half a second. Building external memory might help but how decide on the criteria for saying it is the same sound? Their can only ever be a probability that you have the same sound, so what consequence is their to receiving a false negitave or false positive?

i want to develope a project in order to detect a special sound such as " Cow slurp" from other sound in the nature.

This is similar to the problem of voice recognition, and it a very difficult task. Start by reading up on theory and practice of speaker dependent voice recognition (as opposed to speaker independent).

Put another way this is a hard AI problem, not something simple.