IOT Project

I want to know How Arduino UNO can be used for development of any IOT project

An IOT site, like Thingspeak or Xively, will tell you how.
If you haven't already bought the Uno, a Mega may be a better choice.

Fundamental to an iot project is an Internet connection. Look for Wlan or ethernet shields or maybe even an esp8266. The esp8266 can even replace the Uno, although not necessarily for beginners.

An UNO needs a WiFi shield to be able to connect to your router which then connects you to the Internet.

Cheap WiFi shields can be purchased from eBay or AliExpress. (not a recommendation)

6v6gt's statement "The esp8266 can even replace the Uno, although not necessarily for beginners..." needs double-emphasis! Unless you consider yourself an advanced Arduino dude/dudette then please stay away from the eSP8266 and the Arduino core.

However, if you want to see what can be done with the ESP8266 using the Arduino-IDE, I have a few projects shown here.

Ray

mrburnette:
. . .
However, if you want to see what can be done with the ESP8266 using the Arduino-IDE, I have a few projects shown here.
. . .

That is quite an impressive collection you have built up there. The $10 oscilloscope caught my eye immediately.

6v6gt:
That is quite an impressive collection you have built up there. The $10 oscilloscope caught my eye immediately.

:slight_smile:

My friend Andy Hull in Scotland has taken the initial concept and really extended it into a decent scope:
http://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?t=107
all the while keeping the cost under $10.

I try and keep my published projects simple, very simple. With the ESP8266, this is more difficult because the integration with the IDE must be done first. Still, overall, I think I have achieved my goal.

I also try to cover a wider range of projects from the bare-chip (attiny85 or atmega328-P) to PSoc to STM32F103 to ESP8266... all under the Arduino IDE with the exception of the PSoC 4100/4200 which were programmed under the Windows-only Cypress proprietary IDE (free). I included these projects because the PSoC 4100/4200 boards were offered for $4 and included the USB-serial interface.

Anyway, it is just a hobby and represents maybe half of my lab projects - not everything warrants a write-up for duplication: a theory of mine that extends to not every human should reproduce.

Ray