The Cracked Pot

liudr:
First convert them to the same unit, emptiness or fullness, then do math :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, but it confuses the uninitiated. :slight_smile:

Hi, and EEC standard glass.

Tom... :slight_smile:

liudr:
First convert them to the same unit, emptiness or fullness, then do math :stuck_out_tongue:

Emptiness. Then you can go from having almost nothing all the way to nothing!

Pots can't talk.

They can in parable-land.

The trick is not to take it literally. Since it's not is any religious book I think we're on safe ground there.

GoForSmoke:
They can in parable-land.

The trick is not to take it literally. Since it's not is any religious book I think we're on safe ground there.

Religious books? You wish they have such wonderful and deeply meaningful stories on religious books. 8)

Maybe you should read more.

I only say about not taking such tales literally because so many here do in the usual pull from context to fit whatever you want to force down someone else's life manner.

No thanks but let's not talk about religious books. This tale is pretty good by itself. It's posted on the bar and sport forum so of course people will try different ways to interpret it, whichever fits their own life's manner.

retrolefty:
Reminds me of the 'glass half full/empty' definition:

Optimist, the glass is half full
Pessimist, the glass is half empty

Heard from a neighbour who hasn't been lucky lately...
did you know a pessimist is an optimist with experience ? :smiley:

GoForSmoke:

I only say about not taking such tales literally because so many here do in the usual pull from context to fit whatever you want to force down someone else's life manner.

Now you're talking about the REAL crackpots, who take their religious books as literally true.

Henry_Best:

GoForSmoke:

Now you're talking about the REAL crackpots, who take their religious books as literally true.

As literally true springboards to make incredible leaps of hypocrisy from.

GoForSmoke:

Henry_Best:

GoForSmoke:

As literally true springboards to make incredible leaps of hypocrisy from.

We Brits suffer from less of them than you USians, but we still have them. :frowning:

IMO the worst ones left the home country to escape religious persecution and persecute others still today.
We're even getting them from Australia. This place is a money-powered magnet for religious crazies.

GoForSmoke:
IMO the worst ones left the home country to escape religious persecution and persecute others still today.

We kicked them out on the Mayflower, and NO, we don't want them back. :wink:

We're even getting them from Australia. This place is a money-powered magnet for religious crazies.

There are plenty of gullible fools there to supply the money. P.T.Barnum was correct, there IS one born every minute.

I really get off on the Black Adder episode where the Aunt and Uncle visited.
I showed it to my sister and mentioned some names...
had to pause the show for a good while over the laughter.

We're a generation or two from witch trials again. It serves our corporate masters.

At least the cracked pot offers variable resistance...

cjdelphi:

You reminded me that I had an intro physics problem something like that. It's a tower with hole on the side. Calculate something about that hole and water flow. Variable resistance, not sure, but variable water speed, yes.

liudr:

cjdelphi:

You reminded me that I had an intro physics problem something like that. It's a tower with hole on the side. Calculate something about that hole and water flow. Variable resistance, not sure, but variable water speed, yes.

Flow rate dependent on the depth of water in the tank?

GoForSmoke:

liudr:

cjdelphi:

Flow rate dependent on the depth of water in the tank?

Yes, depth of water (head pressure) is equal to voltage. Crack in pot is equal to resistance (fixed value). Leak rate is equal to current flow and varies with water height. So Ohm's law applies.

If the crack is vertical and more than short then the resistance will vary measurably. ]:slight_smile: