Controlling Arduino with iPhone

Hello,

Does anyone know how I could control an Arduino with an iPhone? I want to build my own custom app in Xcode, install it on my iPhone, and control the Arduino. For example, when I press a button in the custom app on my iPhone, an LED lights up on the Arduino. Also, should I use bleutooth, wifi, or even xbee? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Charles

Does anyone know how I could control an Arduino with an iPhone?

Yes. Here's a hint:

I want to build my own custom app in Xcode, install it on my iPhone, and control the Arduino.

The iPhone then sends OSC messages to a PC, which then sends them to the Arduino. There is an OSC library for the Arduino, allowing it to collect the data from the message.

Also, should I use bleutooth, wifi, or even xbee?

Either one of these or a USB cable.

How do you do that without Apple?

It sounds as if he's expecting to use Apple's SDK to develop his app. It's free with a $99/year membership. Doh!

The worst part is the requirement to have a Mac to do it.

I'm a beginner, I don't even know where to start with this project. Some clarification would be much appreciated!!

• Charles

Does anyone know how I could control an Arduino with an iPhone?

I've got a friend with an iphone and was able to control my pan/tilt cam below from a bar in another town when the phone had a wifi connection. No special programming or software used.

http://web.comporium.net/~shb/wc2000-PT-script.htm