Autonomous drone

I am build an arduino controlled autonomous drone and i need a way to wirelessly connect to at least 4 arduinos at once and control them now this needs to be able to go past walls.

also i want them to be able to see where they are going so i need a sensor to avoid objects like walls. and if they could know where they are that would be a bonus.

Can I know why you need 4 arduino to control the drone? Because I think one arduino would have the ability effectively maneuver anyway.

By definition, an autonomous drone does not need to be controlled.

i want 4 of the drones to be controlled from 1 computer. 1 arduino per drone and i want it to be able to detect walls and also have a gyro and acceletrometer

Can we please be told of your programming and electronics capability?

This is an advanced project so we need to know you are capable of achieving the goal before we invest large amounts of time helping.

Weedpharma

I am a very capable programmer and am very capable of learning anything extra that i need.

Start with one Arduino, a sonar range detector and an IMU. Google "Arduino sonar" (for example) to find complete on line project descriptions.

You can figure out how to control 4 of them later.

Okay and will this have the space to control all of the functions as i want to use the smallest thing possible

If it doesn't "have the space", control fewer functions.

Or write tighter code.

Weedpharma

Even if you are capable of writing the rather advanced code for this you have to build the drone first and in itself that is a complex task if you have no experience.

Take a look at the arducopter project.

I am a drone builder and racer so i can build whatever i need

Droneo:
I am a very capable programmer and am very capable of learning anything extra that i need.

Droneo:
I am a drone builder and racer so i can build whatever i need

And you are asking in an Arduino forum for advice?
With nothing more than a list of "I need"s and "I want"s?

:grinning:

Im a little lost of where to start and how to control it. im just looking for advice

For an autonomous system, I would break it down into multiple sub-systems, each with it's own MCU.
System control
Mechanical control
Guidance control
Fault detection
I may have left something out.

Did you read all the stuff on Arducopter\ArduPilot Websites, anything useful there ?

yes i have but i need something that can do more specific things like fly a very specific flight path without going out of it and these systems wont do that very well

these systems wont do that very well

Wrong.

well how would you recommend i go about this then

well how would you recommend i go about this then

So far, you have done absolutely nothing but write posts.

Get something to work, then improve on it. Arducopter/Ardupilot is a fine place to start, for someone who has done nothing.