menubackend library submenus

Haha! Oliver you are monopolizing the graphic lcd/menu industry with your libraries!
OK so I am using the nokia 5510 display from sparkfun, and you say that your u8_glib library supports that, then I have no issue using your library if it will work with your menu system. I have used menuBackend with that adafruit library, so it does seem to support it - I was doing it like this:

void menuChangeEvent(MenuChangeEvent changed)
{
  char string[30];
  string[0] = '\0';
  strcat(string, ">");
  strcat(string, changed.to.getLeft()->getName());
  strcat(string, ">");
  strcat(string, changed.to.getName()); 
  display.clearDisplay();   // clears the screen and buffer
  display.setCursor(0,0);
  display.println(string);
  display.display();

}

However thats just for info... I thought there may have been an equivelent for your menu library, but not bothered to use yours, because yours supports using a sub menu system.
i already have u8_glib downloaded and in my set of libraries, so I will set up my lcd to work with u8_glib then and then try out your boy/girl example.
In terms of that then, if I take your girl/boy example and adjust it to your newest setup()/loop() functions then it should work for my lcd...?

To initialize the lcd with u8_glib, the only line I can see that is close is:

U8GLIB_PCD8544 u8g(13, 11, 10, 9, 8);                    // SPI Com: SCK = 13, MOSI = 11, CS = 10, A0 = 9, Reset = 8

which seems like the right one, so i just change the pin numbers, use your setup/loop and bingo, I can see how your boy/girl example works... I'll get on with that then
Cheers
A

EDIT:
I notice you use .checkKey() to see if one of the two buttons has been pressed, can I use a potentiometer/rotary encoder to go up and down, rather than a button?