Pinhead connectors

Where can i buy the 40x1 pinhead connector separate? I am also looking for a plug type connector for the duemilanove board digital and analog connections.

Thanks
Dave

I am unsure what you mean by 40x1 pinhead connector separate.

If you mean male headers, most of the electronics stores and ebay sell these in groups of 16-40 pins, that you can break off as many as you need for a particular project. These are made so you can solder in the small end to a PCB board, and use the long end to attach to the female header pins on most Arduino boards and shields. Here is the Adafruit version of the headers: Break-away 0.1 36-pin strip male header - Black - 10 pack : ID 392 : $4.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits.

I tend to like the Adafruit longer version of the male header, that you can put the header into a standard breadboard, and have enough room that you can attach a female jumper pin: Extra-long break-away 0.1 16-pin strip male header (5 pieces) : ID 400 : $3.00 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits. These are harder to find than the standard pins above.

You can also get the female version made for soldering to pcb boards to allow male pins to be attached: 36-pin 0.1 Female header - pack of 5! : ID 598 : $2.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

If you are building a shield to mount on your Arduino, you can use female stacking pins, such as: Shield stacking headers for Arduino (R3 Compatible) : ID 85 : $1.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits.

An alternative to the female mounting pins are female machine round headers, that tend to hold solid wires a little bit better (but probably not stranded wires unless you tin them): 40-pin 1-row 0.1” PCB Female Machined Round Header - dipmicro electronics.

There is a male version of the machine rounded pins as well: 40-pin 1-row 0.1” PCB Male Machined Round Header - dipmicro electronics

If you are wanting to make cables of custom lengths, you might go to the crimp connectors from pololu: Pololu - Connectors.

If you are wanting to have removable connectors that are soldered to perfstrips, and you want to make custom wires, you might consider these wafer kits from dipmicro: Straight Wafer Header Male/Female 3,4,5,6,8,10-pin PCB to Wire 6 Types 10/ea - dipmicro electronics

Often times, these parts by themselves aren't that expensive, but you pay a lot more for shipping. So, I tend to group them in with other orders to cut down on the cost.

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help.

I'm working with Cricket Lora board and it's pin holes are smaller than regular sizes. Does any one if there is such pins in the market?! and if so where can I get some ?