What circuit drawing tool is this?

Hi all,

I see circuit diagrams with the look and feel of the attached (from Wikipedia) and wondered which tool is used to create such?

Supplementary question: what tools are recommended to the hobbyist?

Capture.JPG

Could be Eagle, just judging by the colors. I like Eagle, but there was a learning curve. I found it less than intuitive at first.

OMG, no resistor shown on that drawing, the leds are doomed. :wink:

Lefty

retrolefty:
OMG, no resistor shown on that drawing, the leds are doomed. :wink:

Lefty

Yeah I do prefer the zigzags to the boxen. But that was another thread and I certainly don't want to dig it up XD

Looks likea European resistord vs US resistors. If those are resistors and not something else.

Is that from charlieplex page?

Shpaget:

Yep

Is that a complete drawing? because although the resistor symbols are correct symbols there are no values and one of them is unnecessary, leading me to believe that the circuit isn't what it appears to be.
Eagle is the most likely suspect as Jack Christensen observed, for the reasons he stated.

Bob

Docedison:
Is that a complete drawing?

Bob

Well it's from Wikipedia so it's obviously been thoroughly peer-reviewed....

Yes, that's 100% Eagle CAD.

Eagle CAD is one of those packages that really should be in everyone's toolbag (yep, not very intuitive, and not improved much after being brought-out by Farnell, I thought that they may have driven the GUI a bit) (I used to use another German offering years ago 'Platon'), along with Dia (also needs some work, but useful), Fitzing (I love this for referring back to something I may have shelved) and Simulator for getting down and dirty (also a work in progress).

Any other suggestions?

I took those non-zigzag things to be pins, and not Rs. Especially as there are 2 of them.
That's the problem with so many versions of the same language.

oric_dan:
I took those non-zigzag things to be pins, and not Rs. Especially as there are 2 of them.

Nice thing about standards, there are so many to choose from.

[quote author=Jack Christensen link=topic=144955.msg1090099#msg1090099 date=1359230498]

oric_dan:

Nice thing about standards, there are so many to choose from.[/quote]
That's what I meant, but you phrased it much better, :-).

Woot! My instructable is referenced from Wikipedia!
It feels like such an accomplishment!