Free tech books

(just found it, need to dig in)

For those in need of some reading material - http://www.freetechbooks.com/ -

wOOt!

Simulating with SPICE:

One way to reduce the necessity of setting up your own laboratory, is to utilize computer simulation. One particular computer program called SPICE serves that purpose. It is a text-based piece of software intended to model circuits and provide analyses of voltage, current, frequency, etc. Although nothing is quite as good as building real circuits to gain knowledge in electronics, computer simulation is an excellent alternative.

One of the advantages is that SPICE could be used within a textbook to present circuit simulations to allow students to "observe" the phenomena for themselves. This way, the readers could learn the concepts inductively (by interpreting SPICE's output) as well as deductively (by interpreting the book's explanations). Furthermore, in seeing SPICE used over and over again, they should be able to understand how to use it themselves, providing a perfectly safe means of experimentation on their own computers with circuit simulations of their own design.

I wonder if that would be good for helping forum questions with simple circuits?

Good site! Bookmarked!

GoForSmoke:
I wonder if that would be good for helping forum questions with simple circuits?

one of the problems with spice is that it takes a ton of setup and if you dont do it 100% right you might as well be generating random numbers ... even then when you take the same circuit to the bench, tolerance and manufacturing kick in usually borking what you saw in spice anyway.

Find and download PSPICE if you want some basic circuit simulation. There's quite a bit of learning curve and setup time. I use it every other year for an electronics class.

Way to go Rob...

Lot's of good stuff out there, (you must love the internet)...
I have seen some stuff also for learning C/C++, well guess i need to digg in to that also.
Than i don't need to ask such stupid questions here also XD

you must love the internet

yep, it is my offline "brain" or a 7nth sense or ... :wink: