Digital Dice project

Wow, I have no idea how I missed those last two replies from marco_c and Grumpy_Mike...
I must have clicked on the thread and got distracted without checking down to the bottom or something.
Grumpy_Mike completely solved my last issue, and I had no idea it was even here.
I ended up going with what I call a "cop out" and using an 16x2 LCD with the liquidCrystal library. Made finishing the project a snap.
I really do like the LCD option, due to ease of use, and more display functionality, but a big part of me really wanted to make the 7segs work.

With this new information in hand, I will likely give it another go, and see if I can't get the 7seg working properly. Someone else on this forum is having similar issues, and if nothing else, I might be able to help him solve his 7seg problem if I can get mine working right.
I understood the multiplexing code structure I needed to use, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make it WORK.
Now I even feel a bit more foolish, because I have run into that same code to break down the answer into it's individual components, but couldn't seem to find it when I needed it.

I do intend on picking up some shift registers, but honestly, I am not patient when it comes to ordering parts online. When I have an idea, I like to just go with it, and see if I can make it work with on hand parts. The waiting for mail delivery kills me :stuck_out_tongue: It's kind of funny because I am usually a very patient person, but mail order just isn't me speed I guess.

Thank you very much for adding some sample code to work from marco_c, I will absolutely check it out, and make myself do a little online shopping. Will I also need a BDC or can I make this work with just the arduino and the shift register? I have seen youtube videos of people using shift registers, and a BDC together for multiplexing, but not sure I have seen anyone using a shift register alone. I do have a handful of 4026 ICs which might work, but I am not sure if the two are compatible. I am not even sure the 4026 isn't a BDC, but I don't think so, will have to look that one up again....

Thank you guys so much, and I am sorry I missed your posts! I like to at least respond to everyone who comments on a thread of mine. I figure it is common curtsey, if someone takes the time to provide information, I should respond in kind. I will have to be a bit more diligent in the future, don't want anyone thinking I ignored them, that is not the way to inspire people to lend you a hand when you need it.

Ok, I have been long winded enough, off to get some rest, got to work all this weekend, but monday and tuesday might find a little bit of new life breathed into my 7seg project!

Thanks!
N8