MENWIZ: yet another character lcd menu wizard library

Hello, thanks for answering.

The application changes are just what I have listed above. The LCD library is different however - it is the I2C version.
I have added a few defines to mnap the buttons onto my Mega256 board etc. Otherwis the code is the example code.

//MENWIZ ESAMPLE
#include <Wire.h>
//INSERT ALL THE FOLLOWING 5 INCLUDES AFTER INCLUDING WIRE LIB 
#include <LCD.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>
#include <buttons.h>
#include <MENWIZ.h>
#include <EEPROM.h>    // to be included only if defined EEPROM_SUPPORT

// DEFINE ARDUINO PINS FOR THE NAVIGATION BUTTONS
//#define UP_BUTTON_PIN       9
//#define DOWN_BUTTON_PIN     10
//#define LEFT_BUTTON_PIN     7 
//#define RIGHT_BUTTON_PIN    8
//#define CONFIRM_BUTTON_PIN  12
//#define ESCAPE_BUTTON_PIN   11
#define UP_BUTTON_PIN       42
#define DOWN_BUTTON_PIN     46
#define LEFT_BUTTON_PIN     50
#define RIGHT_BUTTON_PIN    34
#define CONFIRM_BUTTON_PIN  26
#define ESCAPE_BUTTON_PIN   30

//Create global object menu and lcd
//menwiz menu;
//LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x20, 2, 1, 0, 4, 5, 6, 7, 3, POSITIVE); // Addr, En, Rw, Rs, d4, d5, d6, d7, backlighpin, polarity
/*-----( Declare Constants )-----*/
#define I2C_ADDR    0x20  // Define I2C Address for the PCF8574T 
//---(Following are the PCF8574 pin assignments to LCD connections )----
// This are different than earlier/different I2C LCD displays
#define BACKLIGHT_PIN  3
#define En_pin  2
#define Rw_pin  1
#define Rs_pin  0
#define D4_pin  4
#define D5_pin  5
#define D6_pin  6
#define D7_pin  7

#define  LED_OFF  1
#define  LED_ON  0

menwiz menu;
/*-----( Declare objects )-----*/  
LiquidCrystal_I2C  lcd(I2C_ADDR,En_pin,Rw_pin,Rs_pin,D4_pin,D5_pin,D6_pin,D7_pin);

int  timerPin = 8;

//instantiate global variables to bind to menu
int      tp=0;
float    f=26.0;
boolean  bb=0;
byte     b=50;

void setup(){
  _menu *r,*s1,*s2;
  _var *v; 
  int  mem;

pinMode(timerPin, OUTPUT);              //Setup the pin to 
  Serial.begin(19200);  

// have a look on memory before menu creation
  Serial.println(sizeof(menwiz));
  mem=menu.freeRam();

// inizialize the menu object (20 colums x 4 rows)
  menu.begin(&lcd,20,4);
  //menu.setBehaviour(MW_MENU_INDEX,false);    

//create the menu tree
  r=menu.addMenu(MW_ROOT,NULL,F("MAIN MENU"));              //create a root menu at first (required)
    s1=menu.addMenu(MW_SUBMENU,r,F("MEASURE SUBMENU"));     //add a child (submenu) node to the root menu
    //s1->setBehaviour(MW_MENU_COLLAPSED,true);          

s2=menu.addMenu(MW_VAR,s1,F("list"));            //add a terminal node (that is "variable"); 
          s2->addVar(MW_LIST,&tp);                          //create a variable of type "option list".. 
          s2->addItem(MW_LIST,F("option 1"));               //add option to the OPTION LIST
          s2->addItem(MW_LIST,F("option 2"));               //add option to the OPTION LIST
          s2->addItem(MW_LIST,F("option 3"));               //add option to the OPTION LIST
          s2->addItem(MW_LIST,F("option 4"));               //add option to the OPTION LIST
          s2->addItem(MW_LIST,F("option 5"));               //add option to the OPTION LIST
//          s2->setBehaviour(MW_SCROLL_HORIZONTAL,true);    
//          s2->setBehaviour(MW_LIST_2COLUMNS,true);          
//          s2->setBehaviour(MW_LIST_3COLUMNS,true);          

s2=menu.addMenu(MW_VAR,s1,F("float var"));       //add a terminal node (that is "variable"); 
          s2->addVar(MW_AUTO_FLOAT,&f,11.00,100.00,0.5); //create a variable of type "float number"... 
                                                         //...associated to the terminal node and bind it to the app variable "f" of type float
      s2=menu.addMenu(MW_VAR,s1,F("byte var"));        //add a terminal node (that is "variable"); 
          s2->addVar(MW_AUTO_BYTE,&b,25,254,10);         //create a variable of type "byte"...
                                                         //...associated to the terminal node and bind it to the app variable "b" of typr byte
      s2=menu.addMenu(MW_VAR,s1,F("boolean var"));     //add a terminal node (that is "variable"); 
          s2->addVar(MW_BOOLEAN,&bb);                    //create a variable of type "boolean" 
                                                         //...associated to the terminal node and bind it to the app variable "bb" of type boolean
    s1=menu.addMenu(MW_VAR,r,F("WRITE TO SERIAL"));             //add a terminal node (that is "variable") create an "action" associated to the terminal node... 
      s1->addVar(MW_ACTION,act);                         //the act function as default will be called when enter button is pushed
//      s1->setBehaviour(MW_ACTION_CONFIRM,false);         //...if you don't need action confirmation

s1=menu.addMenu(MW_VAR,r,F("SAVE TO EPROM"));           //add a terminal node (that is "variable") create an "action" associated to the terminal node... 
      s1->addVar(MW_ACTION,savevar);                     //the act function as default will be called when enter button is pushed

s1=menu.addMenu(MW_VAR,r,F("LOAD FROM EEPROM"));        //add a terminal node (that is "variable") create an "action" associated to the terminal node... 
      s1->addVar(MW_ACTION,loadvar);                     //the act function as default will be called when enter button is pushed

//declare navigation buttons (required)
  menu.navButtons(UP_BUTTON_PIN,DOWN_BUTTON_PIN,ESCAPE_BUTTON_PIN,CONFIRM_BUTTON_PIN);

//(optional)create a user define screen callback to activate after 10 secs (10.000 millis) since last button push 
  menu.addUsrScreen(msc,10000);

//(optional) create a splash screen (duration 5.000 millis)with some usefull infos the character \n marks end of LCD line 
  //(tip): use preallocated internal menu.sbuf buffer to save memory space!
//  sprintf(menu.sbuf,"MENWIZ TEST V %s\n.Free mem. :%d\n.Used mem  :%d\n.Lap secs  :%d",menu.getVer(),menu.freeRam(),mem-menu.freeRam(),5);
//  menu.addSplash((char *) menu.sbuf, 5000);
  }

void loop(){
  digitalWrite(timerPin, digitalRead(timerPin) ^ 1);
  menu.draw(); 
  //PUT APPLICATION CODE HERE (if any)
  }

// user defined callbacks
// WARNING avoid sprintf usage: it requires > 1.5 kbytes of memory! 
void msc(){
  static  char buf[7];
  strcpy(menu.sbuf,"User screen"); //1st lcd line
  strcat(menu.sbuf,"\nUptime (s): ");strcat(menu.sbuf,itoa((unsigned int)(millis()/1000),buf,10));//2nd lcd line
  strcat(menu.sbuf,"\nFree mem  : ");strcat(menu.sbuf,itoa((int)menu.freeRam(),buf,10));//3rd lcd line
  strcat(menu.sbuf,"\n"); //4th lcd line (empty)
  menu.drawUsrScreen(menu.sbuf);
  }

void act(){
  Serial.println("FIRED ACTION!");
 }

void savevar(){
  menu.writeEeprom();
  }

void loadvar(){
  menu.readEeprom();
  }

I don't think I've altered anything else but I'm about to check just to be sure.
Tnank you again for your efforts, David.