TLE5205-2 Problems

So, I have 2 ampflow motors (pretty heavy) and I wanted to drive them using the TLE5205-2 and power it with a computer PSU. As of right now, I don't have the arduino itself involved because I like seeing if I can get the motors spinning through the TLE5205-2 by itself.

The manual says:
1 - out1
2 - error flag
3 - in1
4 - gnd
5 - in2
6 - Vs (up to 40v, 5A)
7 - out2

I currently set it up as:
1 - motor black wire
2 - not connected
3 - ground
4 - ground
5 - ground
6 - 12V
7 - motor red wire

According to the manual, if inputs 1 and 2 are LOW, the motor spins clockwise. If in2 is HIGH then it spins counterclockwise. If in1 is HIGH then it brakes.

The IC doesn't get hot, it doesn't smell bad, and the PSU's fan remains on (if I connect the motor directly to the PSU, it turns off). I have tried using a 100uf capacitor from 12v to gnd, and I've tried applying 5v to either inputs, but nothing happens. Its brand new, and I tried a 2nd one which also did nothing.

If you can get one (available on ebay), you may want to try the TLE5206-2 as it more like the typical h-bridge in operation.

I don't care so much about the operation of this, it's the fact that its not doing anything at all, whether I apply current to the input pins or not. I've used a typical 1A H-bridge before but it wasn't enough amperage to get the motors moving and it got extremely hot within seconds. But as I said before, these won't even get slightly warm.

So, I managed to figure out how to make the IC operate. I used the EF pin to help find what I was doing wrong after a couple hours of trial and error, and I can spin a small motor at 12v just fine. But now I've got a new problem the bigger heavy-duty motors I originally got these ICs for will choke up the PSU the second they're connected. They have a split second of movement before the PSU gives out. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? One of the reasons I specifically chose this model is the next step up (that I could find) allowed 40A and that's way too high.

So, I tried using a car battery which is able to power the big heavy motors at 12v if I connect it directly to it (I only did it for 1 second because its bad for the motors). If I connect it to the TLE5205, I once again can power small motors pretty easily. But if I try powering the big motor, I can hear the motor click and nothing happens. If I make it click too often, the TLE5205 stops working entirely, even with small motors. The weird thing is it still doesn't get hot at all and I don't smell anything burnt.

What other options do I have at this point?

What is the starting current and running current of the " ampflow motors " you are trying to control? The tle5205 is only rated for 5a and you may be trigggering the internal short/overload protection of the chip.

I'm not sure what the starting current is but the motors can supposedly operate at up to 24v and I think 32A. The manufacturer says its dangerous to run the motors that fast without a mechanical speed reducer. I figure that without the speed reducer, 12v at 20A is probably a safe amount that won't destroy the motors, but as of right now I might only need 12v 5A (I'll run the TLE5205 in parallel if I need more).

So yes, I'm sure I might actually be trigger the overload protector. But, what can I do to avoid such a thing? If you haven't noticed, I'm not that great with electronics, I just know enough to piece things together and I know the essentials, I'm more programming focused.

You might need to get a higher current h-bridge like below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30A-H-bridge-Coreless-Motor-Driver-Forward-Reversion-Brake-For-Smart-Car-Arduino-/180983568079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a237616cf

I wouldn't be against getting such a thing if the amperage wasn't so high. I prefer something below 20A. That's why I got the TLE5205 because I can just run it in parallel if I find that 5A isn't enough. The computer PSU I've been using is 12v 20A and it shuts off because it too is overloaded. Of course I could just use a PSU with a higher amperage output but it'll still shut off because there aren't many PSUs out there that can "satisfy" these motors.

Is there really no way to either make the IC output less current, or, prevent the IC from accepting 6A+? I feel like if the IC is only supplied with 6A then it won't run the overload protector, because there isn't enough current to overload it. I could be wrong, I'm not really sure. What I'm pretty sure of, though, is there isn't a way to make the motor less greedy, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Hi, please I need a help using 5205-2 h-bridge. I am very new in electronics.
I have recently got a 5205-2 h -bridge and I want to run a motor drawing around 1.5A at 9V. When I am connecting the DC supply from an battery charging adapter without giving any input signals, the motor spins in CW direction.
But later when I give TTL signals from arduino to pin3, it again runs in the same direction. After changing the input to Pin5, motor vibrates as if it is getting some alternating output.
Then I connected and programmed arduino to changes direction in every one second. It does changes direction every second, but then again it gives very erratic alternating output in both directions.

The arduino code i used is as shown below.

const int input1 = 3;
const int input2 = 4;

void setup()
{
  pinMode(input1,OUTPUT);
  pinMode(input2,OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
  digitalWrite(input1,LOW);
  digitalWrite(input2,LOW);
  delay(1000);