Max input voltages?

Hi,

Is there a page anywhere that lists the max input voltages for arduino?

What would happen if i input 9 volts to an arduino anolog read port?

Thanks

Yep each product has a page here which lists all the info; here's the one for Uno for example.

brucester83:
What would happen if i input 9 volts to an arduino anolog read port?

Then this was the last time you use your arduino board.

Just to elaborate, you can change the upper end of the 0-5v analog scale to a voltage other than 5v by using the AREF pin and analogReference(External) but it makes it very clear here that the AREF voltage must never be over 5v.

JimboZA:

Just to elaborate, you can change the upper end of the 0-5v analog scale to a voltage other than 5v by using the AREF pin and analogReference(External) but it makes it very clear here that the AREF voltage must never be over 5v.

Is it gonna damage the arduino board if the aref voltage is over 5V?

A4kash:

JimboZA:

Yes

Certainly seems to be what they're indicating in bold letters....

"What would happen if i input 9 volts to an arduino anolog read port?"

That depEnds on many factors, like how your arduino is powered.

Generally, you will likely see the clamping diodes getting damaged (by itself not a big deal). But what comes after that is hard to predict.

A pin remains fully functiobal (aka their input/out + periheral functions) even if the clamp diodes are blown.