New book - "Beginning Arduino"

Beginning Arduino is now available from Safari Books Online too - http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/-/9781430232407

FYI, here is the book description from Apress:

In Beginning Arduino you will learn all about the popular Arduino microcontroller by working your way through an amazing set of 50 cool projects. You'll progress from a complete beginner regarding Arduino programming and electronics knowledge to intermediate skills and the confidence to create your own amazing Arduino projects. Absolutely no experience in programming or electronics required!

Rather than requiring you to wade through pages of theory before you start making things, this book has a handson approach. You will dive into making projects right from the start, learning how to use various electronic components and how to program the Arduino to control or communicate with those components.

Each project is designed to build upon the knowledge learned in earlier projects and to further your knowledge in programming as well as skills with electronics. By the end of the book you will be able create your own projects confidently and with creativity.
What you'll learn
Using a proven teaching style with clear breadboard diagrams, full code listings, and simple step-by-step instructions, you will learn fun things such as:

• Controlling LEDs
  • Displaying text and graphics on LCD displays
  • Making a line-following robot
  • Using touch screens
  • Using digital pressure sensors
  • Reading and writing data to SD cards
  • Connecting your Arduino to the Internet

Who this book is for

Electronics enthusiasts who are new to the Arduino as well as artists and hobbyists who want to learn this very popular platform for physical computing and electronic art.

I've ordered it from US amazon. It was £22.90 including delivery but it'll take a while to arrive (late January/early February).

It's crazy the discrepency in the US and UK prices. I've always ordered from the US Amazon if it is cheaper there.

I'm amazed it's that much. I thought delivery and stuff would up the cost to about the same as ordering in the UK.

I'll let you know what I think of your book some time around easter :wink:

I'm sure you'll like it :wink:

FYI Beginning Arduino is now available on the German, French, Canadian and Japanese Amazon websites as well as the UK and US ones.

If you are in the US and going to 2011 International CES in Las Vegas -http://www.cesweb.org/ this week - Then you can take a look at Beginning Arduino at the Apress booth (South Hall Lower Level - #26618).

Beginning Arduino is now available (as of 10th Jan) from the UK Amazon site:-

:smiley:

I ordered this book three weeks ago from the american Amazon, it worked out at £22 including delivery.
It arrived some time in the last week (I've been away).

The book weighs in at over 400 pages. Most of them are monochrome but there's a full colour section at the back for circuit layouts.

Each chapter covers one subject and each chapter contains a number of projects.
The projects themselves are always clearly laid out following the same formula of Parts Required, Connecting It Up, Enter The Code and Hardware & Software overviews. The overviews contain any explanations needed such as variable types, bitwise operators, decent explanations of what's going on within components... it's all well written and really clear.

This is a great book, starting right at the beginning and going through to things like ultrasonic rangefinders, ethernet control and SD cards. I wish I'd had this to start with, it's exactly what I was hoping for when I got a starter kit.

This combined with the parts mentioned within would be an expensive, but a truly superb starter kit.

I've been arduinoing for months and I'm happy with this beginners book, with a bit of luck it'll stop me asking stupid questions on here :slight_smile:

Is there free PDF book of arduino?

Jeckson

What do you mean?

Is there free PDF book of arduino?

If you buy the book you can then buy a pdf copy for $10.

Is there a Kindle version? I would like to buy one.

Not yet, but that is coming soon.

Picked this up from Amazon, its shipping now. Definitely interested in ebook format.

Is there a Kindle version? I would like to buy one.

Some of the circuit layouts would be hard to follow what with all the lines being grey.

He might want to read it on his iPad :wink:

Good point! I keep forgetting you can read kindle books on pretty much any platform.