Arduino And Quantum Physics

Is there anyway to use the Arduino in a simple manner to demonstrate quantum physics in any manner?

IIRC Every transistor is a demonstration of QP :wink:

What is your audience?

arduinoPi:
Is there anyway to use the Arduino in a simple manner to demonstrate quantum physics in any manner?

Surely a blink-without-delay sketch with an additional function added to prove of surviving the a it's alive no it's dead roll-over event would give credence to if the cat survived or not?

Lefty

you can arduino use to MODEL a QP effect like "spooky actions at a distance" aka entanglement

two buttons red and blue and 2 LCD's - you press one colour and the one LCD says that colour and the other says the other.

Which QP effect do you want to be modelled?

how can I test entanglement?

arduinoPi:

You can't actually get quantum entailment he was just suggesting you demonstrated.
Is what you are looking for a quantum event that you can measure with an arduino?
If so the look to do an electron spin resonance experiment with it.

arduinoPi:

Chuck all your hook up wires and jumper cables into a box and give it a shake? :wink:

1 Like

Sure...

1.Get the Arduino to release some chemicals that would kill a cat at a random period.
2. stick the cat in the box.
3. wait a few minutes.

Now we have a situation where the cat is neither alive nor dead lol...

wait, is that quantum physics?...

cjdelphi:
Sure...

1.Get the Arduino to release some chemicals that would kill a cat at a random period.
2. stick the cat in the box.
3. wait a few minutes.

Now we have a situation where the cat is neither alive nor dead lol...

wait, is that quantum physics?...

Murder or Attempted Murder?

Maybe using a green led as a light detector? Red light won't work but green or higher frequency will.

I leave it to you to find out why and decide if that is suitable and how to use it.

Chuck all your hook up wires and jumper cables into a box and give it a shake?

No need to shake it. Everyone knows that you can place neatly wound up wires into a box and they'll tangle themselves over time.

Jimmy60:

Chuck all your hook up wires and jumper cables into a box and give it a shake?

No need to shake it. Everyone knows that you can place neatly wound up wires into a box and they'll tangle themselves over time.

A good example of Quantum entanglement. :slight_smile:

Or entropy.

1 Like

Yes that is an example of the second law of thermodynamics not actually quantum physics.

That's why I go with light color and absorption but now that I think of it, colored bulbs are filters so they'd need to be clear plastic and I dunno if you can find those.

Still, different color lights should make different voltages out of a cadmium cell shouldn't they?
Or was it another kind that Einstein used? Sorry, but it's been a long time since school.

Old style LCD displays (clocks and stuff like that) sometimes have layers of polarized plastic sandwiched between the glass lcd display. If you hold the bit's of plastic up to the light and rotate them it go's from transparent to black. You can hook a LCD to an arduino and see it work you can also experiment with polarized plastic. I could be wrong here but isn't the polarization of light a quantum level effect.

I could be wrong here but isn't the polarization of light a quantum level effect.

No it is classical physics.

Still, different color lights should make different voltages out of a cadmium cell shouldn't they?

No the voltage is a function of the cadmium. With the photo electric effect you need to do it in a vacume tube so you can measure the voltage of the ejected electron.