sketch_feb09a empty

Hi. Im trying to upload the sketch_feb09a.ino but I always hace the same error
"core.a(main.cpp.o): In function main': C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:11: undefined reference to setup'
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:14: undefined reference to `loop'"

The file size is 0 kb and after starting arduino.exe there is nothing on the screen

Is an Aduino UNO on COM12 usb port running with XP
Leds are flashing ok

What's wrong?

Thats cos your file size is 0 bytes. enlarge it with a couple of functions.

void setup(){

}
void loop(){

}

main.cpp calls these functions to start your sketch, you need to define their contents.

Shouldnt I see something on the screen (commnands) when sketch_feb09a is opened? There is nothing. By adding what you say now there are no errors. I mount an Aeroquad 1.9 shield and still does'nt work.
Sorry for my unexperience but Im lost.

That sketch won't always be empty. If you enter something there, then save it as that sketch name, it will not be empty.

Tomorrow, the empty sketch will be sketch_feb10a

Mine always loads a "new" sketch window. I don't know if it is supposed to do that, but mine always has.

Is it possible to get just the file? Where? When installing Arduino software I understand that it is included the sketch, but it shows empty.
I understand there is no way to make running the Aeroquad shield if I dont upload first the sketch_feb09a or 10a. Is it so?

er that's the default name for an empty sketch!

LOL.

Sorry, but it's funny. I have a feeling this guy is trolling.

When you open the IDE it defaults to sketch and the current date. OF COURSE it's going to be empty. you have to enter code! You want it to do something, load an example then compile. Tomorrow when you open the IDE it'll have a new date, with an empty sketch.

Trololololol

He may be trolling but I'm not.

I see the date as sketch name when I start the software. But I'm not able to type anything. I can't paste anything.
I can load up an example, compile and send it to the board. BUT I can't change anything in the code.

I've been able to use the software (0022) fine in the past. I loaded 1.0 and have the same thing happen.

Has anyone seen this?

kk

External editor selected in preferences?