Arduino interfacing with Java/JSP on Linux

the arduino usb port is actually a serial port.. when plugged into your VIA via(ha!) the USB port, its device identification is dev/ttys0 (s1, s2.. etc, pending your device config)

(I'm also assuming you're running a stable *nix kernel compiled with stable USB/Serial drivers).. you need to code your client side serial i/o in C and wrap it up using JNI.. then you can invoke your JNI layer via your JSP pages (if you fancy doing it that way) or wrap your JNI layer with a nice, good looking interface

VIA_Hardware->FW->Kernel->OS->Shell->JVM->Tomcat->JSP::Your_Custom_Arduino_Comm_API->JNI->Lowlvl_C_Serial_IO->USB_PORT(ttys0)->Arduino

Hello, after several time googeling the web, I could not find any answer to my questions !!!

In fact, I would like (as test purpose for the moment) have a linux box based on a VIA Artigo pico http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/embedded/artigo/index.jsp. On that box, I run apache and Tomcat (Java container) and publish web pages. On the USB, I connect an ARDUINO board with a sketch on it.

What I would like is to have some JSP on the VIA box so that a user can change values and check values to/from the ARDUINO board.

Is it possible, does anyone has done that before ?

Many thanks for help.