Anyone had a chance to play with LPC810 DIP-8 yet?

I remember some discussion a while back when they were still unobtainium, anyone been able to get their hands on these to have a play with yet?

I was looking forward to trying out the LPC810M021FN8FP DIP-8 with the remappable IO yada yada. Looks tres cool. Mouser and DigiKey seem to be out of stock right now.

Edit: Digikey actually seem to have a few at the moment, so I've ordered some -- should be interesting. One thing I think that's neat is that they don't need anything fancy in terms of hardware for programming -- a standard usb/ttl adaptor will do, apparently. And a few free toolchain options are available.

An attiny85 on 'roids! :slight_smile:

I saw Adafruit has a starterkit, with getting strte instrutions

Erni:
I saw Adafruit has a starterkit, with getting strte instrutions

Introduction | Getting Started with the LPC810 | Adafruit Learning System

Thanks for the link. That should speed up getting a toolchain up and running.

I ordered 10 of these; a few to play with, plus a few spares in case of accidents! (I don't expect them to be as robust and forgiving of mistakes as the AVR chips, but we shall see.)

Anyone here actually using these, adafruit kit or otherwise?

Probably won't help you much but,

In my search to start learning about ARM, I went with NXP to learn. Was going to get the LPC8xx as it was small and comes in DIP if needed. It's only analog feature is a comparator, no ADC. Although there is some talk around about using that as a crude ADC. I also believe you will have to bitbang PWM on that chip (if needed).

I decided to start off with a M3 and got a LPCXpresso1347. They (EA) make a LPCXpresso8xx board as well. What sold me on the board was that you can detach the programmer/debug probe part of it and use it to program/debug standalone LPC ARM builds. However, they (NXP) keep their protocol closed on the LPC-LINK. I believe adafruit sells the xpresso boards as well, but I got mine from Digikey.

Not a bad little board to learn about ARM.

Dave

drobe011:
It's only analog feature is a comparator, no ADC. Although there is some talk around about using that as a crude ADC.

"On the LPC810M021FN8 revision A device, the comparator is not functional"
http://www.nxp.com/documents/errata_sheet/ES_LPC81XM.pdf

The user manual UM10601, Rev 1.3, 22 July 2013

Document information
Info
Content
Keywords
ARM Cortex M0+, LPC800, LPC800 UM, USART, I2C,
LPC811M001JDH16, LPC812M101JDH16, LPC812M101JD20,
LPC812M101JDH20, LPC810M021FN8
Abstract
LPC800 user manual

18.1 How to read this chapter
The analog comparator is available on all LPC800 parts.

The errata you linked to is a month newer than the user manual I pulled the above excerpt from. You would think, they would also put a new rev of the user manual out. That is pretty significant.

Constantly switching between the datasheet, user manual, CMSIS-CORE standards, etc; great margin of error for one piece to not jive together or get left out.

Dave

drobe011:
The errata you linked to is a month newer than the user manual I pulled the above excerpt from. You would think, they would also put a new rev of the user manual out. That is pretty significant.

I would think so as well. Maybe they figure the errata should always be sought out first. I assume this is a silicon error and the way I read it, only applies to the 8-pin DIP LPC810 and not to the LPC811 or LPC812. I also see that there is a Rev C LPC810 device where the comparator works. If I were to order LPC810, I might try contacting the distributor first to see which revision they were shipping.

drobe011:
Probably won't help you much but,

No, that's all of interest, and this is "Bar Sport", after all, so thanks for the info!