Hire someone to create Arduino Project - Canon Camera related

Hello

I am interested in a unit that can wakeup a canon 7D or 5D mkII using a pir motion decector.

Once it detects motion - i want it to start recording video for a few minutes then stop and wait for the next motion detected.

Please let me know if you are interested in creating this project and how much you will charge.

Also - if possible I would like to add an option of the camera only coming on at night.

Thanks

PS - I am open to a servo mechanism that can push the button to start the recording.
Tim

I've done several camera related projects before so this should be within scope
I also have a 5D MkII so testing would be easy
whereabouts are you in the galaxy?

do you already have a sensor?
rate - <>!

PM or email me if you want to move forward
thanks
Mike

I've done this and I'm willing to share code if our needs are the same.

The way I've implemented it my Canon T2i sleeps on it's own before being woken up to take the video.
The battery can last for days with a low duty cycle, or weeks with an external battery.
I can show you how to make that as well.

Instead of PIR I'm also working on a new method to detect motion using a cheap webcam,
this increases the distance dramatically.

I've got it working with a 2W IR laser to detect motion at 50m in the dark.

It's easy to interface an Arduino directly to the plug on a Canon DSLR. All you need is the correct plug. Resistor optional.
No servo needed.

Hello - I am interested in your device. How long would it take (billing hours) to create?

Thanks

Hello

I can build a unit that can wakeup a canon EOS 7D or 5D mkII using a pir motion decector.
Once it detects motion - i want it to start recording video for a few minutes then stop and wait for the next motion detected.
Option of the camera only coming on at night - OK
No servo mechanism is needed (I am using Canon CR3-plug)

I will only charge you USD100 for the job. Guess the cost for a PIR, 12V battery, charger, light-detector (day/night), optocoupler, Voltage circuit, Canon CR3-plug, some cabling and some cheap plastic houising will be USD180. Postage guess (from Norway) USD50. Total USD330. Time spending 6-8 week (if I ordering the pices from e-Bay).

But ther is a lot of different typ of PIR's, in basic the same, but in practical use different. What is the item you will detect?

Best regards, Bjorn Tore Sorensen, Norway