Go Down

Topic: PLX-DAQ version 2 - now with 64 bit support! (and further new features) (Read 27709 times) previous topic - next topic

NetDevil

OOOOOOOH BOY IT JUST HIT ME !!!

Looks like you forgot the "DATA" before "DATE"  :D  :D

Correct syntax is:
Code: [Select]
Serial.println( (String) "DATA,DATE,TIME," + voltage + "," + degreesC + "," + degreesF );

Ardweeb

tonypaul57

Thank you so much!
I'm rookie and it's help me a lot!
But there is something I don't know, how to modify the com port in mac office 2016, there is no com port number, in Mac the port only show "/dev/cu.usbmodem1421".

NetDevil

But there is something I don't know, how to modify the com port in mac office 2016, there is no com port number, in Mac the port only show "/dev/cu.usbmodem1421".
well ... I don' own a Mac and therefore cannot provide any support for that - but you could maybe try to unhide the settings sheet on Excel (I hid it by default) and manually add your port number in there in the correct cell (will be labeled). Might be that Excel on Mac translates that number to the correct address? Sorry, but that is all I can suggest.

perigalacticon

- show me  ;)
Well I hate to advertise for a competitor on your thread, but if you search for Arduino Excel you can see it.  Sometimes it's better to take a break and keep testing than to post your problems I guess!  Thanks!

adwsystems

@NetDevil, question for you. Since PLX-DAQ takes control of the comport, nothing else can send or receive data while it is connected. Have you considered adding the ability to send data to the Arduino from a text box?

Currently the only way I understand to send data to the attached Arduino is for it to request data from excel. Otherwise there is basically no data going from the PC to the Arduino. This would allow the ability to connect and then send a command from the text box to start/pause/resume/stop data logging (or any other command the user wished to enter into PLX-DAQ that they have programmed in their Arduino sketch).

Toinedrd

Hello everyone,

I'm an arduino beginner trying to collect datas from a MPU 6050 sensor to work with excel. I'm using Jeff Rowberg's code and the serial monitor is working correctly. I also managed to make things work with the 2007 version of excel but for some reasons I have to make it work on the 2013 version, (windows 7). Sadly, when I click on the "connect" button on the 2013 excel version, it almost directly stops the arduino working. I was able to determine that with a check led on the arduino.
Do you have an idea what it might be?

Thank you in advance, have a good day!

Antoine

GijKieken

It should work propely,check the Baud-rate and port settings.

NetDevil

@adwsystems: you are right, there is only that one option to send data from PLX DAQ to Arduino. I haven't had any other use case ; yet. Attached you can find a special version of 2.11 with a new text field to send data to Arduino (please expand DirectDebugWindow to fully see the field + button + label). It only works while being connected (obviously  :D ). Give it a try and I might add the same (in beautiful) to the next release. I might add two or three text fields at the same time thus one can post different pre-defined commands more rapidly.

@Toinedrd: never had that kind of issue before. But: during connection establishment PLX DAQ resets the Arduino by default. This can be disabled by unchecking the box "Reset on Connect" on the UI. Keep in mind that you will have your Arduino start in the middle of the loop function, thus no "LABEL" or "CLEARSHEET" written in main function will be read. Also the first data received might be corrupted. But if it works you know your code might be buggy. Did you try with a really simple one like only posting numbers to Serial.println ?

adwsystems

@adwsystems: you are right, there is only that one option to send data from PLX DAQ to Arduino. I haven't had any other use case ; yet. Attached you can find a special version of 2.11 with a new text field to send data to Arduino (please expand DirectDebugWindow to fully see the field + button + label). It only works while being connected (obviously  :D ). Give it a try and I might add the same (in beautiful) to the next release. I might add two or three text fields at the same time thus one can post different pre-defined commands more rapidly.
Works Great! I have just the simplest commands setup ('start' and 'end') in the Arduino. I can issue the start command to begin the data log transfer, and end command to stop the transfer. The Arduino does not need to be reset in order to synchronize the start/stop of the transfer and avoids any data corruption due to the port being opened without the reset on connect.

ianthetraveller

Go Up