ATmega1284P: End to End using 1.0 IDE

Hello.

I would like to ask Bob and Maniacbug about the pin-port relation.

I am using the UTFT library with a Bobuino board and from what i found up until now is that the UTFT library uses internal PORT instructions to send the data to the 8-bit data port (D0~D7) on UNO.

Arduino UNO uses PortD0~PortD7 directly with pins D0~D7, while bobuino uses PortD0~PortD3 for pins D0-D3 and PortB0-PortB3 for pins D4-D7.
I have managed to send the data output to these ports and have the LCD screen i'm using print everything correctly.

But PortB1-PortB5 are used with Digital pins 9-13 on Atmega328P and since i use some of these ports to send data to other pins, that seems to interfere internally with the output of the Digital Pins.

I found out that this is the problem by using correctly the SPI pins with a NRF24 module, but failing to use it correctly while running both RF24Network and UTFT. It actually does not work at all (no "network.available") or it works "just once", receiving a packet and sending one. And then nothing.

Having said all that, would it be smart to use Bobuino with the bootloader and settings for Mighty ATmega1284P "just to see what happens" or would it be easy to use internal port commands in order to "clear up" this mess?

@Bob, to ensure maximum compatibility with UNO you must use similar port-to-pin associations in pins_arduino.h
I believe it would not be obvious in general, but UTFT made it clear that that's a problem