Using Code Explorers and Diagrams to Learn Arduino

1. You are very aggressive. I do not see how this implies positive.

Eh? Here is the text of my post again. Your comments were the first aggressive comments.

The free Arduino Plugin for Visual Studio 2012 provides some very useful tools that makes learning Arduino a little bit easier. (Read how to get Visual Studio for free at the end of this post)

One of the tools is the "Class Diagram" which is available to all components of any Arduino project. Below you can see the relationship that exist in the Ardino core to the "Print" class.

Development of both simple and advanced Arduino projects benefit from being able to quickly visualize and understand the code.

The free Arduino pugin for Visual Studio 2012, 2010, 2008 is available from here.

Instructions of how to download a legal copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Professional for free from here

1. You are massively advertising.

Eh? My post was accurate, positive and informative. I have changed my tone slightly after unrelated negative comments such as yours. If I encounter undue negativity it is natural for me (or anyone) to become louder.

1. You seem to assume that we are not aware of the advantages of VS. Maybe you should learn that e.g. I am working with VS Ultimate AND Eclipse and other advanced (closed) tools as well. The point is not the quality of the tools. VS is a great tool.

Yes Microsoft Visual Studio is a great tool but look at the number of posts you have made on this site. You are an expert so obviously you know VS but it seems strange that you don't realize that many people who use these forums are not experts like yourself. So if a post is obviously not applicable to you then why make the above comment? Do you feel that every post has to be made with your skills in mind?

This might have been a better thing for you to say...

"Visual Studio is a great tool but be clear that the free offer is for 3 years after which time you must stop using it or buy it"

That would have been a positive thing to say but instead you suggested that someone can get "burned" on this offer which implies the possibility of financial loss or code loss. Neither are applicable here. So you made the strong negative comment before I had done anything other than made a simple post. It seemed to me that you were trying to undermine the post.

The point is that "free for 3 years" is a lot different from "free forever".

Eh? I've covered this and, as stated earlier, this is VERY clearly shown in the link that I posted I didn't just link to the Microsoft offer, which is also clear, I linked to a page entitled "Free for 3 years?".

1. If you do not like to hear valid points that are against you opinion then you better not post in official discussion forums. If you can not stand it then push your advertising into channels that do not allow replies.

Eh? This forum is for sensible and constructive discussion, when there is some I will enjoy participating.

With regard to the ultimate clear superiority of your VS solution: I am running Arduino under Linux. So there is some obvious thing that Arduino IDE can do that VS can not: it runs under Linux without any dirty tricks

This is exactly my point! My post is for the millions of users of Microsoft Windows who do not want to use Linux and my post was for all the users that do not enjoy using the Arduino IDE because it is so limited. Again let's look at the number of posts you have made and the knowledge that you have about Arduino. It's huge, I am sure you could program Arduino using a text editor without the need for references! In this forum I bet you answer more questions that you ask?? Yep, so this means you are not the target audience doesn't it? Superiority of VS? Funny, it all depends on the audience. One happy new Arduino user today said this about moving from the Arduino IDE to Visual Studio 2012

This is quite powerful IDE, like going from a scooter to a Ducati.

Here is the blog, see for yourself

One more thought that you will not like: if your solution is so great and there are so many people that love it, why didn't we here their praise in this forum? Is it so that there are thousands of Arduino newbies that use your superior solution that never show up in this forum

I recon they all stay away for fear of being jumped on by Microsoft haters :slight_smile: I don't think that many of the users need to use this forum, it is more for people who are working in the dark with a text editor called an IDE.

There are 90+ followers on codeplex, many more signed up for email notifications, 400 in the forum and 20,000 + downloads per year.

Here is a post from the web, you can find many more if you search but I am not going to bother. All the stats are visible to the public.

When I first ran the Arduino IDE, I was a little bit disappointed but I thought It was the only one development environment to write "sketch" (Arduino program). It's evident that the Arduino environment allows you to do what has to be done, but let's say that I did not had a good feeling with it.

Surfing the web, I discovered a solution which could better meet my demands.

Visual Micro
Visual Micro is an Add-In for Microsoft Visual Studio allowing you to write, compile and upload Sketches to your Arduino board. Visual Micro exists for Visual Studio 2005/2008 and Visual Studio 2010.

http://www.funnyrobotics.com/2011/02/programming-arduino-from-visual-studio.html

I won't bother with the rest of your comment because it doesn't serve any purpose.

Arduino plugin for Visual Studio